Chapter 61

Chapter 61

Austin's POV
I took my phone out of my pocket for the fifth time this hour hoping to see her name on the screen, but yet again, the screen was plain black, no message from her. Trying to ignore the stung on my chest, I placed the phone back on my jeans and took a drink from the bottle of vodka on my hand.

"Go easy bro. It's your birthday and I don't want you passing out, even less, vomiting all over my mom's carpet" Alex spoke from the couch.

"It's my birthday and I can do whatever the hell I want" I spoke not too friendly, taking another drink from the bottle. I heard Zach laugh from behind me.

"He's fierce tonight. Any reason why you're throwing shit at all of us?"

The thought of Ashley flashed in my mind and I felt the anger inside trying to get the best of me.

"Shut up" I shot back.

It was my fault anyways. I brought this upon myself, this time I was the one who pushed her away. It was my doing.

I sat down next to Robert on the floor. Everyone had a drink on their hands.

"Come on" Robert spoke up "We didn't have a two hour drive to be sitting here like freaking peas. At least let's do something"

"And what is it that you want to do?" Zach asked "Get a tiger tattooed on your butt again?"

We all laughed. He glared at us.

"I had enough with that piercing on my nose. Thank you Sarah for taking it off" I raised my bottle as a toast. Alex raised it too.

"And for dying my hair back to its original color"

"Cheers to that and to being the only one who didn't do stupid shit that day" Zach finished.

We laughed and drank to that.

"Am I the only one proud of that day?" Robert asked "It was fucking amazing"

"Your butt might tell otherwise" I winked at him, mocking him yet again.

He shook his head and threw a cotton pillow straight to my head.

"Lay on your lame asses then"

I took my phone out again. It was 10pm and I had no signs of her.

A part of me wanted to hold onto the thought that she still had two more hours to say something, but the other part told me to face it, she wasn't going to talk to me, I told her not to and she wasn't going to. She might not even remember it's my birthday for all I know.

I looked like a fucking fool waiting for her to do something. This isn't me, I don't depend on other people; I am always in control.

I wasn't going to sit around and wait, I was fucking done. I turned my phone off and stood up.

"You wanted to do something?" The thought of her would be gone soon "We're doing shots"

Ashley's POV
I stood still, crying like stupid inside the car. I didn't have a damn reason to cry but I was doing it anyway. It seems to be the only thing I do lately.

My life is a freaking mess. I know what I want but I don't know what to do to get it. It should be easy right? You like someone so you are with them. Why isn't like that for me? In what moment did my life turn into an upside down world?

I had no idea what to do next so I just stayed there crying.

Austin was probably thinking the worst of me right now, or maybe not thinking about me at all. Am I really losing him like this? Are we close to an end?