Chapter 35

Chapter 35

A bad day. That's all it was. 

Who am I kidding? I can't only have 'bad day's' anymore. 

I was watching my relfection in the mirror. I tilted my head to the left showing the right side of my neck. There was a small cut, I wouldn't have noticed it if it wasn't for the only dropplet of blood coming from it. It was made just by the pressure of the knife tip. It didn't even hurt, but it did scared me.

I rubbed the blood with my finger, making the cut unnoticeable again. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

It took me a long while before to calm down and stop crying.

I called Austin like a billion times but he never answered. He said he would call, but there are no signs of him. Is he okay? He was going to do something important and dangerous since both Austin and Alex were carrying guns with them. I closed my eyes and pushed away the thought of them being hurt, especially Austin.

I took my phone and called him again. I waited until the ringtone ended signilizing he never picked up.  I sighed.

I am scared, threatened by a guy that has hurted me plenty of times, he is after me trying to kill me, and Austin isn't answering. I need him right now. 

Maybe I can try to call Alex, he is with Austin anyways, so if he is okay then Austin is too. Not thinking it twice I called him. I waited anxiously until he suddenly picked up. 

"Ashley?" He sounded confused "What's going on? Why are you calling me?" 

"Well hello to you too Alex" I answered back "What is going on?" I repeted his question "Well apart from not knowing what happened to you two, where's Austin? Are you two okay?" 

"Were fine Ashley" He answered "You have nothing to worry about"

"Okay, good" I needed to talk to Austin. "Do you know why Austin is not answering his phone? Can I talk to him please?" 

He remained silent for a while. 

"He is fine. Look, I gotta go okay? I'll call you later" 

"No, wait is-" He hung up. 

I turned to my phone confused. 

"What?" I said out-loud "He hung up on me"

Something is going on between those two and they're hiding it from me. What is it? I would go to The Crew's house but the memory of Brad harassing me is still pretty vivid, and being honest I am still scared. He could still be out there for all I know. 

Maybe Austin's phone is dead? or he's doing something important and he can't answer right now?

I'll give him some space and I will call him in a few hours, right now I need to relax and a bubble bath sounds perfect.  

Austin's POV

"NO!" I groaned. 

"She doesn't even know anyway!" Alex assured "You need to do it"

"I know she doesn't know the truth" I stated "But she doesn't have to" 

Alex rolled his eyes. We have been talking about this for a while now. It serious. 

"Man, just look at your phone. You have 11 missed calls from Ashley" 

"Don't you think I know that?" I groaned "What the hell am I going to do now!?" 

"You know exactly what you have to do" 

I know he's right. It sucks to know he's right on this one, but this is all my fault. I lied and now I have to affront its consecuences.