Chapter 54

Chapter 54

It was nearly 5 am and I was sitting at the hospital waiting room. My eyes were red and tired; my body was tensed and shivering from the previous attack to Chloe at my house.

Chloe's parents were with her inside her room, they've been there for about an hour, and I haven't seen her since the accident.

If I remained sitting one minute more in this uncomfortable chair I would officially lose my mind. I knew Chloe was okay but I needed to see her myself.

The elevator beeping sound made me turn my head around, just when two familiar faces came in running towards the waiting room; Austin and Alex. I instantly stood up and Austin's worried expression spotted me. Without thinking it twice he ran towards me and embraced me in his arms, I cuddled in his chest and his hand was securing the top of my head.

Finally having him here made me feel a thousand times safer and relieved, but at the same time my urge to cry intensified.

"You're okay" He whispered from above me, moving his hand up and down my back to calm me down. My grip on him tightened "I am here now" He kissed the top of my head.

Alex approached to us, he looked terrible, and I could see how his hand was slowly trembling behind him. He crossed his arms probably noticing it himself.

"Where's Chloe?" Alex asked "How is she? Is she okay?"

"She's awake now. Her parents are with her right now"

"I need to see her" I could notice that his patience was running out, just like mine did an hour ago.

"As soon as her parents are out we'll be able to see her" I knew he and Chloe weren't anything formal, but I knew he cared for her, he looked desperate to see her. I knew how horrible he felt. I had to step away from Austin and hurry to hug him. His arms instantly embraced me. "Don't worry" I whispered in his ear. "She's okay"

He closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on my shoulder. I hugged him with force.

I felt Austin's hand sit over my shoulder, and a huff came from behind me.

"What happened to her?" Austin asked clearly uncomfortable. I stepped away from Alex.

I turned to see both of them, opening my mouth only to shut it back again, they stared back at me.

"What?" Alex asked impatient.

"There's something I need to tell you" I spoke turning to Austin "I know I should have told you before but I never thought something like this would happen"

He instantly tensed "What is going on Ashley?"

"It was Brad" I finally let out "Not him exactly, but someone working for him" Both of their expressions instantly changed to anger; before they could say anything I continued "He spoke to me days ago. He said he wanted me to spy on you, go back to him with information that could help him take you down"

Austin pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes "Did you?"

Did he really think I would?

"Of course not" I answered "He threatened me but I thought he was bluffing"

"That asshole used Chloe to get to you?" Alex spoke.

"No. He thought it was me. He was trying to scare me"

Austin ran his hand over his hair, pulling it back on a desperate reaction.

"You didn't tell me about this" He said "Why? Did he threaten you about that too?"