Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Austin's POV

"ASHLEY!"

She was no longer answering back. I could hear her scream but it sounded more like a mumble.

"ASHLEY!" I yelled her name again, hoping this time she would answer something back "ASHLEY COME ON!" I didn't even know what to do. She was being kidnapped at this very moment, and all I could do was hear how it was happening.

"AUSTIN!" Alex has been yelling my name all this fucking time. "WHAT THE HELL DUDE? WHAT'S GOING ON?" I tried to focus on what I was hearing, so I pushed Alex away.

There was no longer a sound. Not even a struggle, a scream, or a cry for help. Now I got nothing. I was fighting the anger that was trying to come out of me.

"Ashley?" I said for the last time. After that I heard the sound of a car driving away.

Fuck. fuck. fuck.

"Austin" Alex placed a hand on my shoulder "What did just happen?"

I closed my eyes and my fists as hard as I could. My breathing was extremely hard and quick. If I didn't control myself I could kill whoever was standing around me.

I turned around to face Alex.

His eyes widened when he saw me. I didn't needed a mirror to know how I looked. My face was red from all the anger I was fighting against, my lips were pressed hard against each other, and my eyes were also red from the tears I was containing. But there was no time to cry, no time to think, no time to wait. I needed to do something about it, and quick, before it was too late.

I stood up, grabbed my keys and walked towards the door.

"Hey!" Alex yelled "Where are you going!?"

I turned around for a second before opening the door.

"The alley"

I turned around and left the house making my way to the stupid alley.

I knew that the speed I was going to was over the limit. But I couldn't care less about it at the moment. All my mind was thinking were the last things I heard from Ashley. I could still hear her cry at the phone.

"Austin! Please help me!"

I could hear the sound of her feet running.

"Oh God Austin!"

I hit the steering wheel with all the strength I had.

Goddammit. Why did this happen?

It's all my fault. They warned me about it, they said they would get to her. But no, I was stupid enough to think that the first attempt at Jake's house was the last. They took her because of me... I should have never left her, I should have stand by her the whole time. This was all my fault.

I was finally near. My heart started beating really fast.

When I was almost there I saw Ashley's car parked at a bakery. Just knowing that she was there, safe and sound, 10 minutes ago broke me.

I kept going until I saw it. The fucking alley that ruined my life since the first day. I parked right next to it, at the middle of the street. It was almost 1am, there was no one near that would make me move it. I opened the door of the car and got out as fast as I could. I ran inside the alley and looked around.

Nothing.

She was here minutes ago...

How could my life change so much just with the difference of some fucking minutes?

I didn't know what to do... Why did I come here? To torture myself for not being here when she actually needed me?

I started hitting my head with my bare hands.

I can't stand this anymore. I am not as strong as I look like. I have weaknesses. She was my weakness and now she's gone.

I fell to the floor on my knees.

I couldn't cry. I wouldn't. I tried to fight it as hard as I could, closing my eyes.

"Oh C'mon Austin!" I could imagine Ashley say if she was here "You can't just stay on the floor and cry your eyes out. You are a bad boy. Bad boys don't cry"

"And what do you want me to do!?" I yelled to myself "I failed you. I let them take you. It was all my fault"

"Austin Mahone is pitying himself. I should seriously record this moment" She said. I couldn't help but let out a small smile "You are worrying so much about how you failed, not just me, but yourself, that you are not paying attention to what's in front of you"

"In front of me..." I repeated. I looked up. She was not there, but instead, I found a cellphone lying on the floor a few feet from me.

I stood up and walked to where it was.

It was Ashley's phone, and our call was still opened in it. I picked it up and pressed 'End' to finish our call. The call in her phone was opened for 20:34 minutes. Which means, that she was taken probably 15 minutes ago...

They can't be far from here. I can still find her. What am I saying? I will find her.

I ran towards my car with her cellphone in my hands. I stepped on something and almost tripped on my way there.

I looked down only to find the heart necklace I gave to Ashley on her birthday.

I slowly knelt down to pick it up. I rubbed it on my hands.

She never got time to realize how important this pendant is to me...

But she will. I'll find her and I'll give it back to her.

I promise.

***

Ashley's POV

I opened my eyes slowly.

My head was pounding. My eyes were blurry.

I blinked a few times until my eyes adjusted to the light in the room.

Then it all hit me.

I was kidnapped.

I tried to move but my hands were tied on my back. Then, I realized I was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room.

Nothing else in the room, no one else with me. It was just me.

I moved my hands with the intention of untying them, but they were way too tight, I was jus hurting myself trying.

My feet were tied to the legs of the chair too.

I couldn't move. Not even a bit.

All I had left to do was think. Think of what happened, why was I here, how am I going to get out.

How did it happened? Well, I remember gettin a text from Austin, I went to the alley, then I realized it was a set-up, and two men on a hood kidnapped me.

Why am I here? That I really don't know.

And how am I going to get out? This one is way even harder to answer than the second one.

They may want money. My dad will pay for it, I am sure. But what if is not that? What would they want from me then?

And I had no longer time to think about what would they want from me, because I was just about to hear it.

I could hear footsteps coming from the other side of the door. Then, there was the sound of a key and I saw the door knob moving.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I wasn't ready for this.

Three man came in. The three of them wearing masks. One of them walked to the left corner of the room, as if he was just here to make sure nothing bad happened. Another one stayed at the door and locked it again. And the third one came straight to me.

"Look who is finally up" He said evilly cheerfull. "We were waiting for you to wake up sweety"

"Don't call me that" I snarled. I wasn't planning on saying that. I wasn't even planning on saying anything. It even sounded like I was mad. Not that I am not, but it wasn't supposed to sound like that.

"Oh" He said. I could see him grinning behind that black mask of his "A feisty one. I like that"

I couldn't help to be dissgusted by him. I hated him already.

"Hey, don't frown at me like that" He said taking my chin in his hand. As soon as he touched me I turned around "Fine" He said backing off "You'll want me to come back tho. I was being really nice here, but the one that is coming after me?..." He asked raising his brow "I am afraid not"

With that he turned around. The man standing in front of the door unlocked it, and the three of them were out, leaving me alone again.

My heart starting beating really fast since they walked inside the room, and even now that they've left, I still feel like I am going to pass out at any moment.

The guy that was here before didn't even say anything. I am still as clueless as before, but now he has incremented my scare rate from a hundred to a thousand.

What did he mean? "The one coming after me. I am afraid not"?

Does that mean they are going to hurt me?

Oh God. I can just pray not to. Pray for Austin to realize what happened. I am truly hoping he will care for me, and that he will rescue me.

He will come for me, I know it.

***

Austin's POV

"What are we all doing here?" Zach asked, sitting on the couch next to the others.

"Shut up" I said to all of them "I am trying to gather all of you because I need your help"

"If you want all of us, where's Brad then?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know and I don't care" I answered back trying to get them to shut up.

"He went out like an hour ago" Alex said to Tyler "He said he needed to get home"

"I SAID I DIDN'T CARE" I had to raise my voice so they could finally understand how hurried I was.

"Calm down man" Robert said "You're a little bit over your limits today"

"Don't push it Robert" I said aiming at him with my finger. They finally remained silent, all of them looking at me "Okay. Long story short. It started probably like thirty minutes ago when I received a call from Ashley." They were all listening very closely, I was more calm than before "She said she was waiting for me at the alley. I had no idea what she was talking about. She said she got a text from me saying that I was going to meet her there. But I didn't. She must have confused my number with someone else's. The point is, it was all a set-up. They took her, and they have her now"

"What?" Alex said in shock "There's no way"

"They took her!?" Tyler said standing up "The fucking Red's have her!?"

"That's my best shot" I answered unsure.

"Then what are we doing here!" Alex yelled "You know them Austin. You know what they'll do to her. They will hurt her without thinking it twice"

"Don't you think I know that?" I know them perfectly well, and I am well aware of what they are capable of "That's why I need you. All of you. I can't do this alone" They all nodded

"If we all work together we can totally get her back" Robert said complementing me. Everyone nodded again.

"Right" I said pointing to him. I am really glad they want to help. "You know exactly how this things work. You still got a chance to find a missing person if the time she's been missing is less than-..."

"48 hours" Alex finished for me.

"Exactly" They were all sitting on the same couch and I was standing in front of them "We have 48 hours before its too late"

"You underestimate us Austin" Zach said smugly "We can locate her in half that time" Everyone agreed with a yes, other just nodding.

"It will be hard tho" Tyler said "They won't be stupid enough to keep her at their house"

"Of course not" I said " I've been there already. There's no one. Not oven a car parked outside"

"That means they are all together" Alex said looking at nowhere in particular thinking "That will be so much easier"

At that moment Robert stood up and walked away. Just saying 'I'm coming'. No one protested.

"But we have to think about it" I continued "They have probably more than 10 people now. The last time we fought against them we won but not from much ahead. Now that they have more people, and we are less, we need to have a plan"

The sound of a gun loading made us all turn around.

"That's why we'll use this babies" Robert said holding a huge gun.

I grinned. I have an idea. This has to work out.

"Okay guys" I clapped making them turn back to me again "Let's get them all. This is the plan..."

****

Ashley's POV

"What are you doing here?" This is the third time I ask this man.

The one that came in the first time and took me by the chin came back again but this time he came alone.

"Why? You don't like my company?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes" He was sitting on the floor, leaned on the wall in front of me "I am really just making time"

I frowned "Time for what?"

"We are waiting for someone to come" He said "He'll be here in a couple of minutes, if not less"

I nodded not knowing what to say or do.

"Not gonna ask about what he'll do?" He asked teasing me. I just shook my head. "Well I'll tell you anyways. He will come in here to make you some really persuasive questions..."

I was intrigued to know was much as I could.

"Questions about what? I didn't do anything" I asked.

"We know you didn't, but someone you know did..." He continued "I think you will be surprised to know what he really does"

What is he talking about?

"Why am I here?" I asked trying to ignore what he said.

He laughed mockingly, not bothering on answering.

"Why am I here!?" I asked again but this time louder.

He turned to me and stood up. He was mad.

"Don't you dare raise your voice to me!" He yelled "I could kill you if I want to"

"Then why don't you!?" I was really scared, but if this was the only way I would get information, then I will do it.

He stood in front of me ans slapped me in the face.

I wasn't expecting that. My cheek was burning red. He was so strong.

"I warned you" He said shrugging. I just glared at him. "I can't kill you because then this whole plan will be fucked"

I kept silent hoping he would continue.

He licked his lips.

"You want to know why you're here so bad?" He stared at me and I wasn't brave enough to nod "We brought you here to make preassure on your little boyfriend"

I frowned. I didn't have to ask about it for him to continue.

"You know what I am talking about. That Mahone kid? He has something we need, and he'll give it to us if he wants to see you again"

The flash drive. That must be what they want.

I'm screwed.

The sound of the door knob opening made us both stop talking and turned to see the door.

"He's here" He said getting up.

"He?" I asked. It was almost a whisper so I was the only one who heard it.

The door opened brusquely.

Two men walked in. Both of them wering masks.

After them was a boy. The first one I've seen here not wearing a mask. He was holding a suitcase.

My heart dropped when I saw him.

He walked in grinning evilly.

"Well. Hello there Ashley" He said smiling with a look of devil in his eyes.

I couldn't believe it.

"Brad?"

He laughed.

"That's me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there!

This chapter turned out to be shorter than the other ones, but it was interesting so I hope it makes up for it.

I know you've been waiting a lot for this chapter, I am sorry I took so long.

Also, I wanted to say a little something... A lot of you have been commenting about some misspelled words, or some other kind of grammar mistakes. I thank you for that, but most of them are already corrected. You may not see them because you saved this story before I corrected them. So, please don't be mean about it. If you want to keep commenting those stuff, go ahead, I just wanted to let you know that -most of them- are already corrected.

AND I wanted to thank you guys for all your votes and your beautiful comments! You really make me smile and some of them even make me laugh! You guys are awesome! Seriously I love you!

If you want to say something to me or just to follow me, this is my twitter: @AustinMRandom

Love youuuu -katie