Chapter 41

Chapter 41

"What are you doing h-" He didn’t even let me finish.

“Where were you?” He asked with the same harsh tone he did the first time.

He probably still hates Alex for the kiss since Alex never had the chance to explain what happened and if I mention I was with him today, he will not only hate me, he will want to kill me.

“I said, where were you?” He said between his teeth, this time standing up.

A flash of light coming from the window hit him as he stood up letting me see his face clearly for the first time. He had a cut above his lips that hadn’t been cleaned; I couldn’t tell if the blood in his lips was coming from the cut or his nose. I didn’t have to look at his hands to know that his knuckles were covered in blood too. He looked as bad as Alex, but the difference being that Austin looked scary, and even more scarier being in the dark, drunk, with his bottle of whiskey, and as mad as he has ever been before.

“What are you doing here?” It took a lot courage to avoid his question and still look at his eyes.

“Don’t fuck with me Ashley” He snapped “Are you trying to hide something?” He asked slowly approaching to me. I took a step back.

The resemblance of today and the time he came to me a long time ago all bruised for fighting Alex about Brad joining The Crew wouldn’t leave my mind. The difference is that now he’s drunk and mad.

“No” I stated as firmly as I could.

I wasn’t hiding anything but he makes me feel like I am.

“Really?” He teased taking a step closer “You’re not going to tell me about your date with Jake? Oh and of course, Alex’s love visit just seconds ago? Shit, I saw you! You’re unbelievable Ashley!” He yelled.

“You can’t be serious!” I yelled back trying not to focus on how fast he was moving towards me.

“You can’t be serious?” He repeats now face to face “You can’t be serious!?” He yelled again raising his bottle in the air. I could smell the whisky on his breath from where he was standing “I come home after three fucking weeks away and I find you kissing my best friend? Of course, I can’t be fucking serious!”

“That’s not what happened!” I stood up to him. “You don’t know anything!” I was about to take a step back from him but I bumped into the wall.

“Don’t even try to act innocent” He snapped placing his left hand right next to my head and taking a sip from the battle in his right hand. I turned the other way. “Look at me” He demanded reminding me of the first time he said that to me “Damn it Ashley! Look at me!” He yelled brusquely making me close my eyes as tight as I could. He took me by the chin and moved my head. “Open your eyes” If it wasn’t for the hateful way he was speaking to me I would’ve opened my eyes, but I was afraid. Afraid to look at his eyes again, afraid to look at someone that wasn’t the Austin I knew. “For fucks sake open your eyes before I do something I might regret!” He yelled.

I opened my eyes to find him staring straight at me; his eyes were inches away from mine and I saw everything I was hoping I wouldn’t see in him. His eyes were narrowed, they wouldn’t leave my sight making me feel all the hate and anger he had towards me at that moment.

“Austin” I tried to say calmly “I know you’re mad and you want an explanation but you’re drunk and-"

“I don’t want an explanation!” He snapped cutting me off. I thought he had calmed down but by the way he raised his voice, I knew he was far from calm. “I know what happened! Fuck, I saw it myself! You two kissed!” He yelled “You kissed him right in front of me!”