Chapter 29

Chapter 29

"No way" I was barely able to hear myself saying that.

Brad was here. Right in front of me. He just chuckled everytime I said something. He had bruises all over his face and he was carrying a suitcase with him He placed it in a table next to me and opened it.

"You guys can go" Brad said to the three guys on the back. "I'll take it from here" They all nodded and walked out of the room.

"Brad" I said as soon as the other three guys were out "Thank God you're here. Please help me. We have to get out of here"

He stopped moving the things inside the suitcase to face me, frowning.

"You think I'm here to take you out?" He must have seen me confused because he laughed "You really don't understand a thing do you?" He shook his head smiling while kneeling in front of me "I was the one who brought you here"

He patted my knees and got up.

"What?" I asked in shock. "You brought me here?"

"That was me" He said nodding "Surprised?"

"How could you!?" I didn't even bother on answering his questions. I couldn't be more freaking pissed right now. "What's wrong with you! I thought we were friends!"

"Friends?" He asked raising his brow "We weren't even close to it"

I was trying to understand this. Maybe they are making him do this. He is being forced. That must be it.

"This is not you Brad" I said turning to see what he was doing. The suitcase was opened, but it was giving me its back so I couldn't see what was inside "They are making you do this. I know it"

"No one is making me do anything I don't want to" He said.

He finally closed his suitcase. Giving me a full sight of the things that were on the table.

I gasped when I saw what they were.

"What?" He said "Are you afraid of this?"

He picked up one of the dozen knifes that were on the table.

"Brad don't" I blurted "Put that down. I know you don't want to hurt me"

Something I said made him explode in anger.

"THAT'S WHERE YOU GOT IT WRONG!" He yelled fiercely "WHAT PART OF 'I BROUGHT YOU HERE' DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?" He was walking slowly to were I was again. "It was all a lie. Everything. The Brad you knew doesn't excist. It never did"

I had to close my eyes when he yelled. I had never seen him this mad.

"What about the date we had a few hours ago? What about the times you went to my house to cheer me up? What about the parties you took me to?" I asked trying to prove my point.

"Those where things I had to do so I could take you sometime and bring you here" He wasn't that mad anymore. He barely looked at me when he spoke.

"So when I met you at the library..." I asked stammering "It was-..."

"All planned" He finished for me. "You were the reason I entered that school on the first place. You were always my target"

I couldn't help the tears that wanted to come out. I shut my eyes as hard as I could, trying to contain the crying.

At that moment my mind reminded me of the countless times Austin warned me about him... I even remember the first time he told me...

"I have a bad feeling about him" I remember him say about Brad "You should stay away from him Ashley"

But I was foolish enought not to listen to him.

"Austin warned me about you" I was saying that more to myself than to him "But I never listened" A tear came running down my cheek.

"You should have listened to him" He said grinning "But still you didn't... You were so mad at him at the moment that you rathered have me better than him"

He said that with the most disgusting smile I have ever seen.

I tried to move my hands and my feet hoping to set free, moving the whole chair with me as I tried.

"You shouldn't even bother" Brad said closing his suitcase and taking his phone out of his pocket "Let's call your boyfriend.. Let him know we have you"

***

Austin's POV

"Okay, so what time is it?" I asked.

"Almost 6am" Alex assured me looking at his watch.

All of the guys were doing different tasks. All of them involving guns.

"Did you call Brad?" Tyler asked Alex.

"I did, but he is not picking up his phone" Alex said while loading a gun "That's weird, 'cause he always picks up"

"He should be here at 8 anyways" Zach joined the conversation "That's the time we all meet everyday"

"Well I wouldn't be so sure anymore" Robert said while jogging downstairs "I just checked his room. He packed. It's empty"

"What?" Alex said standing up "Something must be wrong. He would have told me he wanted to leave"

Everyone remained in silence, probably thinking what could have happened.

"I have to see it for myself" Alex said heading to the stairs.

"Wait a second..." I said it loud enough so everyone could hear. Alex stopped and turned to see me at the bottom of the stairs. "When Ashley called me last night she said-..."

"No mean to be rude dude" Robert interrupted me "But this is about Brad not Ashley"

"You didn't let me finish" I said hushing him with my hand. "Ashley said I texted her that night saying I wanted to meet her" I stopped to check my phone. The text was -indeed- sent with my phone. I showed it to them "It says I sent it to her, but I didn't"... Then it all hit me. "That son of a bitch!" I was speaking my mind out.

I turned around and rubbed my head.

"Wait up" Alex said coming closer to me "Are you saying that Brad is behind Ashley's abduction?"

"THE HELL I AM ALEX!" I didn't even notice I was yelling. "Don't you guys see it!?" They were all silent just looking at me, trying to process what I was saying "How else would that text come out of my phone? Who was in my room the time it was sent? That bastard was left in my room after I punched him. My phone was in there. Goddamn it"

"Holy shit" I heard Tyler murmured "I am going to kill him!"

I punched the wall next to me with my fists countless times.

I had to take this anger out someway. I didn't even feel any pain.

I didn't stop until I felt a hand leaning on my shoulder.

I turned with my fists up, ready for a fight.

Alex took my fist in his hands and slowly put it down.

"I am sorry man" He said swallowing "I am sorry I didn't listen to you. Its my fault"

I shook my head and looked down only to find that my fists were bleeding. I looked back up. All eyes on me.

"Its not your fault. Its mine" I licked my lips "Its mine because I left that asshole walk into this house, hang with my friends, took everything that was mine as if it was his... And look where that took me"

"He will pay for it Austin" Zach said "We'll make him pay" Everyone nodded.

I shook my head trying to calm down.

"Okay" I said once I took a deep breath "Who is taking care of the location?"

"I have someone working on that" Robert answered. I nodded.

"What about the back up plan?" I asked again.

"We'll have to work that one out" Alex said shrugging.

"That won't be a problem" I said walking towards the meeting room "We'll take them down at our first chance"

A phone started ringing.

"Where do we put the rest of the guns?" Tyler asked me pointing to his back, where a pile of guns were all ready and charged.

The phone kept ringing.

"Make sure everyone carries enough with them, then take the rest to the back of the car, and..." The phone was really bugging me. "Isn't someone going to pick up that damn phone?" I walked back to the living room to find eveyrone staring at a table. "What is going on?"

Alex turned around to face me.

"It's your phone" He said "Someone is calling you"

I ran and jumped the couch on my way there. I stopped in front of the table and stared at the phone. It wasn't an unknown number. On the cellphone's screen appeared his named with big letters 'Brad Tyson'

I took it quickly and and picked up.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A BITCH!"

"Whoa whoa" Brad anawered "Where are your manners Mahone?"

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MANNERS WITH ME YOU ASSHOLE" I yelled "GIVE ME ASHLEY BACK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP DEAD"

"It looks like you don't know who can kill who in this situation" His calmness was pissing me off "I guess you know I have Ashley"

"I AM GOING TO KILL Y-..:"

"Shh sh sh shh" He cooed "Watch your words with me, you don't want me to hurt the girl standing in front of me right?" He asked teasing me "What does she has to say?"

I could hear how the phone was moved, and now I was able to listen to her crying.

"A-Austin?" I heard her voice say "Please help me"

I had to close my eyes to prevent me from doing something stupid.

"You hear that?" Brad voice was back. "I have to say she looks really cute when she cries, who knows what I can do to her if-..."

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her" I shut him.

He laughed.

"Oh well, that depends on you" He said chuckling "I'll give you until 12am to give me the flash-drive, if you don't give it to me by then, then well... you know what will happen"

The line went dead.

I kept the phone pressed to my ear. I closed my eyes and let it fall down.

"Austin" Alex came rushing to me "What happened? Are you okay?"

I let myself fall, knees hitting the floor.

I just heard her voice...

"Man" Tyler said to me "Don't worry, we'll find her"

I opened my eyes and faced them.

"They want to make a trade" I stated what I was told "Ashley... for the flash drive"

Everyone went wide eyed.

I have to put myself together. They need a leader to keep going if I don't want them to go down like me. I need to lead this plan. I need to get Ashley back.

"Plan has changed" I said getting up "We have until 12am now" Everyone mouthed a 'What?'. "Tyler, Zach and Robert" I said pointing at them "You will take care of finding out where Ashley is. AC and I will go find that stupid flash drive"

I didn't had to say anything else to make them nod and run different ways to working on their job.

"And how are we going to find the flash drive?" Alex said following me to the door. Taking his jacket on the way.

"Let's start by paying a visit to our number one guess" I said once I was inside the car. Alex by my side.

"And that is?" He asked closing his door.

I plugged in the keys and the car started running. I turned to face him.

"Jake Porter"

***

Ashley's POV

I couldn't stop crying now. Since I called Austin -which was probably half an hour ago- the tears just wouldn't stop coming out.

"Come on!" Brad yelled. He was more than just annoyed by my crying "Just shut up!" I tried to shut up, but I just couldn't. "I said..." He said slowly getting up and walking towards me. "Shut. Up" He stood in front of me watching me cry. I tried to calm down but not fast enough. Brad slapped me in the face as hard as he could, making my head turn completely to the other side.

I had to close my eyes trying to make the pain go away. The slap was that hard that the impact actually shut me. Now I was just breathing heavily.

"There" Brad said going back to the desk next to me and sitting on a chair behind it.

I couldn't contain the desire of breaking this ropes tying me down and run to him, hit him as hard as I humanly and possibly could. I wouldn't ming breaking both of my hands in the process. I just wanted him to fill the way I am feeling now.

And I'm not just feeling hurt... I feel betrayed. More than that if its even possible.

I trusted Brad, I would have put my hands on fire for him. And that's what hurts me the most. Knowing that I would have given everything for him and he didn't even care about me.

For God sakes... I am still even wearing the clothes I used to go to the movies with him yesterday.

I don't even have to ask if it was him who sent me the text from Austin's phone. I know it. But there is one thing I don't...

"It was you that night..." I stated tying up the loose ends.

"What?" He said raising his voice, signalizing he didn't hear me.

"The day I was at Jake's house" I started speaking louder this time making sure he could hear "When her mom was hurted in her car... It was you who Austin was chasing".

He chuckled.

"That was Austin's fault" He answered "He came after me, he even pushed me against the window..."

I had to close my eyes to prevent me from shooting fire out of them.
That's how mad I was.

"I did a lot of things Ashley" He said in a teasing tone "I can't believe you haven't notice" He got up again, but this time he took his chair with him. Placing it right in front of me. He sat. "Let's start by uhm..." He rubbed the back of his head "Oh yeah, the time Chloe was drunk. Maybe more than just drunk" He grinned evily.

"What!?" I half yelled.

"You can blame that one on yourself actually" He said shrugging "I spilled something on that drink, but it was meant for you" I opened my mouth and lifted my eyebrows in shock. "But you gave it to her, so whatever"

"Wait wait wait" I stopped him from starting to say something else. "Why would you even spill something on my drink?"I was glaring at him the whole time. The anger inside me was multiplying with the seconds.

"For the reason you're here" He said as if it was nothing "I wanted to ask you some questions about Austin, about the flashdrive mainly. See if you knew something"

As soon as he said that I realized how doomed I would be if that had ever happened. I would have spilled to Brad I was the one who had the flash drive and not Austin. At least that didn't happen.

"I asked your friend anyways" He said snapping me back from my thoughts. "She didn't know a damn thing about anything. She couldn't even remember her own name, so I just left her with Finn the rest of the party"

Nothing bad happened to Chloe then. As unbelivable as it sounds right now, a big weight was off my shoulders now.

"But lets see" Brad continued "What else? Oh right, on your birthday party I went upstairs to your room" My heart almost skipped a beat "I always thought you were kind of hiding something, so I thought 'Why not?'" He was speaking like if he was just telling a stupid fairytale "Unfortunately when I had been no more than a minute in there, someone was outside your window. He climbed inside and I ran outside without being seen"

My heart beat was going really fast.

He could have found the flash drive if he spent one more minute in there.

Austin was the one who climbed in to leave the necklace on my bed. God bless you Austin.

"I did lots of things" Brad said crossing his arms "Broke into your locker once, Austin's too actually, sometimes I watched Austin as he watched you at night outside your house; you know, to see what he actually went to do there, but after a few days I realized he literally did noting so I stopped going. I kept close to you every day to watch you, asked you out, etcetera, etcetera..."

"And you did all of that just to find the stupid flash drive?" What I really meant to say with that was 'Did you used me and played with my feelings just to find that stupid flash drive?'

"Actually, the whole asking you out thing, was just to piss Austin off" He said laughing "I just really wanted him to feel miserable. I wanted him to suffer and feel as a stupid asshole when he saw us together" I had to bit my lips to keep me from yelling something back to him "Which, thanks to you" he said smugly "Worked perfectly fine. You see my face right now?" Brad said poiting to the bruises in it.

It was clear he had been in a fight. His face was full of bruises. Some of them were pretty bad.

"This is the living proof of my victory" Even tho he was barely able move his head, he smiled proudly "This is how mad he was when he found out you went out with me last night" He nodded to himself "It's second time Austin does this to me" His expression changed, he was clearly remembering how the fight happened when he said that. His face was full of anger. "But I'll make sure this is the last time" His disgusting smile was shown again "Cause once he gives me what I want..." He stopped and stood up, walking towards me and kneeling down, putting his face inches away from my ear. He slowly whispered "I'll kill him"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

Merry Christmas everyone! :) I hope you had a great time! This chapter was meant to be updated yesterday as a gift, but I wasn't able to finish it.

Anyways it's finally here! I really hope you like it. You might have realized it took me a long time to write this. It was a hard chapter but I feel like it went out really well.

Be eager for the next chapter because its gonna we
really good.

Also, really quick, I met this girl on twitter last week and she was so nice and so sweet. As far as I can tell she really really likes Why me? and she seriously made my day with all the lovely things she said to me. I don't know her wattpad username but on twitter she is going as @_Zahra_Official Thank you! Really:)

Also thanks to everyone who followed me and who took their time to tweet me stuff or to send me a message! Like, really you all make my day! You have no idea how much I love you!

I don't want to bore you so, last thing: I thought that it would be really nice to include one of the tweets you guys sent me and one of the comments of the previous chapter on the author's note on every chapter, as a way to say thank you:) I'll be choosing one of each everytime I update!

So that's it! I hope I didn't bore you much... Comment what you think about this chapter! I LOVE reading your comments.

Twitter: @AustinMRandom

xoxo -katie