Chapter 37

Chapter 37

I was rapidly tapping the pencil over the desk watching the teacher give us the grade to the exam we had three days ago. I was shaking.

Alex took my hand stopping me from shaking any longer.

"You will do fine" He said letting go of my hand "We studied hard for this one"

"Exactly" I said. I started moving my feet now. "If I fail this one I am doomed"

He laughed and reassured me telling me that everything would work out. At this point I just hoped he was right.

The teacher was finally coming to my desk. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened them just when the teacher was next to me, my exam on her hand.

"You have improved" She said handing me the math exam "Good job"

I took the paper from her and saw my grade.

"No way!" I yelled excited. I turned to show Alex the paper "I got an A!"

"I told you you would be fine!" He said smiling "Plus, I get some credit. I am a great math teacher" He said smugly.

"I can't believe this" I said still looking at my grade "You are the best."

"Indeed I am" He said increasing his ego. "You can pay me back though"

I slowly turned to see him with a warning look. "What is it that you want Constancio?"

"Easy, no need to call me that Ridgell" He said raising his hands in protest "I just need help with biology"

"Oh" I said relieved. Being Alex Constancio the one I was dealing with, I thought it would be something much more elaborated. "I can do biology"

"Great" He said standing up "We can meet up at my place" He saw my reaction and after thinking about it he changed his mind. "Or your place... Your choice" I haven't been to their house since the day Austin left, which was probably almost two weeks ago. I am not planning on going back any time soon.

"You can come to my house" I stood up "At 6:00?"

"Perfect" He said smiling. "Until then"

We both got out of the classroom and went separate ways.

Classes were finally over and I was free to go home. I walked towards my locker to leave some books before heading home. I was surprised to find someone leaning on it when I got there.

"Jake?" I asked unsure.

"Almost" He said grinning turning to see me.

"Leo" I stated in shock. "What-What are you doing here? You don't even go to this school"

"I know" He said getting closer to me "I needed to talk to you"

I took a step back. Everyone was leaving the halls, I should be doing the same, or else I'll be left alone with Leo. It's not that I am scared of him, I'm actually grateful for the way he helped me out the day Brad did all those terrible things, but I never thought I would see him again.

"What is going on?" I finally asked "I'm glad you're alright"

"Alright?" He stared at me confused.

"Yeah, I mean, the day of the shooting. All of your friends..." I didn't know how to put it nicely so I just skipped the part where I said they died hoping he knew what I meant "You got away without a scratch. What happened?"

I never knew the reason why Leo managed to get unharmed and I always wondered why.

"I got out minutes before it happened. I felt so bad for everything we did to you that I ran away, and when I heard about what happened..." He remained silent "I guess I was lucky, I was finally given a second chance and I am not going to screw it this time"