Chapter 64

The hot shower I took no more than five minutes ago was the best decision I've made in a while. It was weird though, to see my abdomen all purple and bruised, it looked worst than how it felt but I couldn't complain. Being able to walk and move perfectly after a serious car crash was something only a few people could experience. I knew I was lucky. A concussion that only left me with on and off headaches, a few broken ribs, a cervical collar to ease the pain on my neck, and a few bruises on my face and body was nothing I couldn't handle.

I had to put back on the cervical collar once I was done showering, I even have to use it while I sleep so I can get rid of it as quickly as possible.

I felt extremely tired even though I had been in bed for about two days. It was troublesome to stand for a long time and I tended to lean on things around me for support and coordination. Being in bed was the only place I felt comfortable at the moment.

I had just put on my pj's when someone called my name from downstairs.

"Someone is asking for you!" Carmen announced.

"Is it my mother again? Tell her I'm about to go to bed!" I screamed.

"No, it's a boy!" She screamed back.

The thought of it being Austin made my stomach flutter. I haven't seen him since our las fight outside my house about a week and a half ago. Because of the leaverage Brad has over me, having Jake locked alone somewhere, I had to push Austin away, I had to say that I needed some time apart, that I wanted to be alone. He was so taken aback, especially after he found out I went out for dinner with Brad, that he was the one who broke up with me.

That was Brad's plan all along. He wants to hurt Austin in every way possible, and forcing me to break his heart is on the top of his list. So now, I don't think Austin wants to see me anymore.

What could I possibly say to him without being able to explain what's going on with Brad? How could he possibly forgive me for not saying anything to him on his birthday? It's just impossible.

I am not able to talk to Austin without fearing someone on Brad's side is spying on me and causing Jake to suffer.

So what am I supposed to do?

I came out of my trance and went back to the closet, taking the first thing I saw on my wardrobe and putting in on. It turned out to be a white sleeveless dress I hadn't worn in a long time. It was faster to put on than jeans and a shirt and it required way less effort.

As I walked out of my room I stared downstairs at the front door. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was dying for it to be Austin on the other side of that door, but what if he wasn't?

I did't run downstairs just because I wasn't capable of doing it, but I walked there as quick as possible.

I opened the door, wincing at the effort I had no idea it took for my abdomen, and found no other than Brad leaning on the porch's fence.

"You've got to be kidding" I whispered apparently loud enough for him to catch me before I could close back the door.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" He stopped the door with his foot and opened it wide. I put no effort to resist, I was weak, there was no point "You were about to close the door under my nose? How rude of you" He took me by the arm and placed me outside.

I pulled my arm away as gently as I could so it wouldn't hurt and took a step back, keeping some distance between us.

"Right now is really not the time" I spoke placing a hand over my forehead. I haven't taken my painkillers. I felt a headache growing.