Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Yesterday was a hell of a day. In a good way.. and a bad one.

Jake is mad a me. He says he isn't but I know he is. Just because 'I lied' to him... which I didn't, or maybe I kind of did... I don't know. But he is trying to act normal around me, but I can feel that something is bothering him.

And Today, I'm sitting at the cafeteria by myself...

Jake and Chloe aren't here.. as usual. They told me they had to talk to the English teacher about something and then they would get here... And now I look like a looner eating by myself.

But that didn't last any longer... I saw from the corner of my eye somone coming to my table.

It was Brad.

"What is such a pretty girl doing by herself?" He asked while smiling and sitting next to me at my left.

I chuckled.

"Uhhh wh-" What am I supposed to say? He just sat next to me! Of all the people in the cafeteria, he chose me.

I am dying on the inside... Wait. Is it a good thing that he sat here or is it a bad one? Jake and Chloe will be here at any moment and I don't know if they would like Brad sitting here... especially Jake.

"What?" He asked confused "Is something wrong?"

"What? No!" I snoozed out for a second and I just realized how weird I must have looked. "Hmmm.. my friends will be here at any second" I paused and smiled. He just nodded while opening a bag of chips. "So.. I guess you will be studying here?" I said the first thing that popped to my mind and it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Yeah.. I passed the admission test yesterday with an A"

Ohh so he is a smart boy too? he is a thousand times better now..

"WOW" I said surprised "I thought they would have taken like a week to give you the results and even more time for you to be here if you passed"

"I know. I thought that myself, but they checked the exam as soon as I finished and told me that I couldn't waste any more time missing classes.. so here I am" He lifted his hands and chuckled.

"And why didn't you come to the first day? it was weeks ago" I said.

"Cause I just moved here, I am not only the new guy at school, this whole city it's new for me too" I get that feeling. I was feeling like that a few weeks ago, but I think I already got used to this place, and I like it.

For no reson I turned to the right and to my surprise I found Chloe and Jake standing in the middle of the cafeteria, holding their trays with food and looking at me with the most weird and unexplainable expressions in the world.

Jake was frowning and his eyebrows were as high as they could possibly be, and Chloe's mouth was wide open, she almost dropped her tray.

Chloe muttered something but since she was really far I didn't hear anything. She repeated herself but this time she mouthed "Who. Is. That. Hottie!?"

I signalized them to come over, Jake instantly shook his head but Chloe dragged him.

"Hey there Ashley" Chloe said unbelievably happy. She sat in front of Brad and Jake in front of me.

"Chloe, Jake, this is Brad, he is new" I said introducing them. Brad smiled and waved at them.

There was an awkward silence so I just kept eating, and everyone did the same.

Chloe and Brad talked about silly stuff, but Jake was annoyed as ever. I can tell he really doesn't like Brad. They didn't shake hands or that weird stuff boys do. Jake didn't even say hi...