CC! Don't Break That!

Chapter Sixx!

~

Everyone filed into my lounge and sat down in various places. I went to the kitchen to get some Capri-suns from the fridge.

Upon my return I received weird looks from the guys. I looked down at the drinks in my hands and sheepishly looked up at them. They immediately burst into hysterics. I started to apologise until Andy cut me off. "Ignore them, they're a bunch of alcoholics." He said, loud enough for the guys to hear.

"Hey, we're not! It's just we're usually offered something a bit stronger is all." Ashley choked out in between fits of laughter. I looked down at my penguin socks; embarrassed. "Awwwwrh, you've upset her, Ashley!" CC said. I looked up again, hoping my blush wasn't too obvious. "I'm sorry, it's just my mum doesn't drink and shed freak if she found out I did. So we don't have any beer or whatever." I trailed off, feeling more and more embarrassed by the second. I sighed and put the drinks on the table. I plonked myself on the floor. Scarlet grabbed a Capri-Sun and downed it like she hasn't drank in months. They had been her favourite ever since she was a kid apparently.

After I had over come the embarrassment, I turned on the TV only to see that there was nothing on. "I'm bored." I groaned. There was mumbled agreement amongst the group. "Well, what do you suggest Ly?" Scarlet asked. I thought for a moment. Then I had an idea. "I know," I exclaimed, "Lets play Mario Kart!" I set up the Wii and as there were five of us and I only had two controllers we split up into teams. Ashley decided not to play, so the teams were: CC and Scar on one team and me and Andy on the other. One person from each team would race then we'd rally up the score and so on.

Part way through the first race, Scar got a phone call from her mum who was ranting and raving about the fact Scarlet is never home and doesn't tell her mum anything and stuff, so she had to leave. Which then made the team Ashley and CC against me and Andy. It had gotten really competitive and we were getting out butts well and truly kicked by CC and Ashley, when Andy paused the game. "I'm gonna go have a smoke." He said simply and walked out the door. I collapsed on the floor. "CC you are like the Mario Kart king!" I yelled. Ashley chuckled.

"When you're stuck on a bus for entire days at a time you get a lot of time for video games." Ashley explained. I giggled.

"Did you guys want any snacks or whatever?"

"Sure, have you got chips?"

"You mean crisps right? I know I've been over here for two years but you can take the girl out of Britain but you can't take the Britain out of the girl."

The two men laughed, and it was at that point that I though: maybe these guys are my friends.

After Andy came back inside we shut down the Wii. I checked the time and it was about half ten. Everyone was more acquainted now so the guys were getting nosey. They asked me multiple questions about England and my interests, thankfully no questions were raised about my Dad. CC and Andy decided they'd have a nose through the photos on the mantle. I could hear giggles, about my baby photos I assume, then CC picked up a photo and said, "Hey Ly," they'd taken to calling me that now. "Who's this guy?" I gulped he was holding up a picture of my Dad. Before I could reply though the wooden frame slipped out of his hand. "CC! Don't brake that!" I screamed, just as he caught the photo. I was partly thankful that, that had happened because now I didn't have to answer the question but CC looked like a puppy that you'd just scolded. I giggled, apologised for my outburst and gave him a hug. I was also worried for the lives of the ornaments. "I think interrogation time is over now." I said. I heard Ashley and Andy in fits of laughter.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost midnight, I yawned, time sure flies eh? "Jesus it's almost midnight." I voiced. All the guys checked their phones at the same time. "You look exhausted, Lyra." Andy said. I sat up and shook my head, like I was a small child refusing to go to bed. He chuckled, it was a deep and beautiful sound, I couldn't help but smile at. "I think you need to go to bed." He laughed.

"No, I'm not tired." My lie was ruined by the fact I yawed as soon as I finished my sentence. He smiled at me and signalled for the guys to go get in the car. I could feel myself drifting off. I mumbled something along the lines of; you don't have to leave, it's all empty again now.

It was something I wish I hadn't said, but in my sleepy state It had just slipped out. He did that beautiful chuckled again. Then something completely unexpected happened, he picked me up and started carrying me upstairs. I could hear his heart beat it was a slow, steady rhythm. I could smell cigarette smoke and whiskey on him, but it wasn't an unpleasant smell, it was just Andy. I realise that I've only met him twice but I felt completely safe and at ease in his arms. I heard my bedroom door open, he could probably tell which room was mine, the door had my name on it. His chest was really warm so I felt the temperature change as he placed me on my bed. I snuggled into the covers. "Goodnight Ly, sweet dreams." He whispered sweetly in my ear. Then he leant down and kissed my forehead before he left.

~

Asdfghjkl. That was adorable. Anyway, rate, comment and fan. It would mean the world. ~ ZK