This Is Goodbye.

I walked back inside and called for Andy. "Yeah?" He hollered from the other side of the house. "Would you drive me to my mums so I can pick up my car, please?" I asked. He emerged from the kitchen a pop-tart in hand. "Sure thing, got your car keys?" He said with a mouthful of pop-tart. I rummaged around in my bag until I found my keys. "Yup." I replied popping the 'p', and with that we were on our way.

We pulled up to my mums and I gulped, hoping I didn't see her. I exited Andy's car and bid him farewell. He sped off down the road to god knows where. I clambered into my own car and tried to choose a CD. Suddenly I heard someone tapping on my car window. It was my mother. I sighed and rolled the window down. "What do you want?" I groaned.

"Don't you use that tone with me, you're the one in the wrong here. You're the one who I caught drinking and partying with strange men." She replied.

"Don't treat me like a child, I'm almost an adult!" I yelled.

"Yes but you're living under my roof so you will abide by my rules."

"Actually I don't live under your roof anymore, so your rules mean nothing." I said smugly, knowing that I'd won this argument. Her eyes widened in anger. "Where are you going to go? You've got nothing." She screeched.

"Actually I'm staying with Andy until I get my own place." I replied. She snorted, assuming I'm still a helpless child. "You know what mum, I was actually planning on moving out soon anyway because I have a job and can actually look after myself." I cried. "You know what, if I had known you would be this much of a problem child I would never have gotten pregnant again." Her words hit me like a slap in the face and the tears began to flow. How could she say those things to her own daughter? "I am so done! I am coming to get the rest of my stuff after work!" I yelled.

"Good riddance." She replied walking back into the house. I rested my head on the steering wheel and sobbed. After about five minutes or so I shoved a CD into the slot and made my way to work.

I was still pretty shaken up when I arrived at work, even listening to All Time Low in the car hadn't helped. I tried to wipe some of the smudged make-up from my face as I walked in. I asked the tough looking bald guy at the front desk where Anais was. He called her name and she came bounding out of her office. "Hi Lyra!" She chirped. However at the sight of the state I was in her face fell. She beckoned me to enter her office. I sat down in the big leather armchair. "What's up Lyra?" She asked, concerned. "Nothing, I'm fine." I lied. She gave me a look that said she knew I was lying. "Well, I'm here if you want to talk." Anais said, and I could tell she meant it. "Shall we get started then?" She chirped.

"You're a really talented artist, Ly!" Anais gasped, staring intently at the traditional Japanese dragon I had just drawn. "Eh, I'm not that good." I shrugged. She snorted, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, my mum always said that they were ugly." I whispered, my voice cracking at the mention of my mum. Anais looked at me partially sympathetic and partially intrigued, however she didn't press the matter. I was grateful for that.

The hours passed quite fast and before I knew it, it was time to leave. I said my goodbyes to Anais and made my way to the car. I sighed knowing that I had to go collect my things.

Upon arrival at my mums I took a shaky breath and walked down the drive. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. It appeared that my mother wasn't home, so I ran straight upstairs and started shoving my belongings into bags. I packed all the photos of me and my dad, my art supplies, my paintings, my clothes, everything. I didn't even notice the silent years streaming down my face.

I dragged my bags to the door and took one last look at the house. The beige living room with the green couch and that stain in the carpet from when I was younger and first discovered paint. The kitchen with the granite counters. I took it all in one last time. I decided to leave a letter to my mother, telling her goodbye. It read;

Dear mum,

I'm so sorry it had to happen this way. I was planning to leave soon anyway, but I was hoping it wouldn't be like this. I know how much of a disappointment I was to you and I know it's all my fault, and I was dealing with so much, you didn't have to add to the crippling guilt though. You made me feel even worse about myself that I already did, I always felt like you were never really my mother. I've always thought I was unwanted, now I know that it's true. I'll probably never see you again, or maybe I will, but either way, this is goodbye,

Lyra.

By this point I was sobbing. They were harsh, choked sobs that sounded like a wounded animal. I had to leave, I towed all of my bags to the car and drove back to Andy's.

Left all my bags in the car and trudged inside. Once I was inside I slid down the door and just cried. I let my emotions take hold and I cried. After about five minutes I dragged myself into the bedroom and tangled myself on the sheets. I continued to cry, my make-up staining the pillow.

~Andy's POV~

When I arrived home from band practice I saw that Lyra was already there. I went inside only to be met by the sounds of crying. Lyra. I rushed into the spare room. I saw her lying there tangled in the sheets crying her eyes out. She looked up at me, her eyes red and puffy from crying. Sitting down next to her I embraced her, repeatedly whispering soothing things into her ears and smoothing her hair. I placed a kiss on her head and she clutched at my shirt. Her whole body was shaking because of her sobs. "What happened, Ly?" I whispered softly. She shook her head and nuzzled closer to my chest. I suppose I'd have to let her tell me in her own time, until then I would do the only thing I could. Hold her, and tell her it will be okay.

~

So here it is, after what felt like years. WattPad deleted my initial draft so I had to start again. Also there may be a longer wait between chapters because I've started a new story, so watch this space for news on that. As usual please comment//vote//message me//follow me. It would make me so happy. So until next time, much love ~ZK<3