Half Empty Bottle Of Vodka.

Derp.

I wrote this while listening to Nevershoutnever! Haha.

~

I woke up and stretched my back, I pushed back my covers and realised that I was fully clothed.Then I remembered what happened last night. Did I dream that? It was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. I smiled, it reached my ears. I breathed out dreamily. I danced to the shower and turned on the water. I sang cheerily in the shower, thinking that I should go see my brother, as it's his birthday. I exited my bathroom and threw on a band tee and some jeans, shoved my hair in a ponytail and put some make-up on before jumping in my car. I had gotten my car fixed and it was all good now, incase you were wondering. Anyway, I started the engine and put one of my Taylor Swift albums in the CD slot. I was looking forward to seeing my brother, it has been years and we've always gotten along well, now that I think about it the last time I saw him was before Dad's death...

I pulled up outside Isaac's house, it looked so run down. I brushed it off, and proceeded to knock on the peeling front door. I still had that giddy smile on my face, until my older brother opened the door that is. He just stood there, hair a mess, clothes crumpled. Worst of all though, the needle bruises on his arms and the half empty bottle of vodka in his hand. "Hey, Isaac. Happy birthday." I said, somewhat hesitantly. He just grunted in reply and let me in. I sighed, realising I couldn't really dodge the bullet in this situation and as he's probably not going to engage in conversation, I might as well just ask. "Why are you doing this to yourself?" He just looked at his shoes. "It's because of Dad, isn't it? I've been grieving too, but this isn't the way t-" he cut me off mid sentence. "It's your fault he's dead Lyra! If you hadn't wanted to go to the mall, it wouldn't have happened!" He screamed in my face. I could feel the tears making salty paths down my face from both the anger, sadness and guilt. "You don't think I know that!? I'm fully aware that it's my fault! It's been eating at me for years!" I screeched. I flung his birthday gift at him and walked to the door. I turned around to look at him one last time. "Happy birthday." I said bluntly, and stormed out slamming the door. Needless to say it brought me crashing down from my good mood.

I started driving home, but had to pull over because I couldn't see through the tears. I rested my head on the steering wheel and just cried, I cried and cried until I couldn't breathe. So now my entire family are against me. Lyra versus the world. I sighed and carried on home.

I got in, threw off my shoes and curled up on the couch. After what seemed like a lifetime I went upstairs to put my pyjamas on, ready for my date with Ben and Jerry. I made a B-line for the freezer and took my cookie dough Ben and Jerry's ice cream out of the drawer. Then once again took my position on the couch. I put Twilight on and once again started crying. I'd just lost the only member of my family who cared about me, no I officially have no one.

I kept getting texts from Scarlet and Nate, so I turned off my phone. I didn't really want to talk to anyone. I can't be angry at Isaac for what he said though, he's right, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt like hell. I sighed and shoved another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth, mascara tears still falling down my face. Right now, I was even more annoyed that there wasn't any alcohol in the house.

I turned my phone back on because I wanted to check Twitter. I had five texts from Nate, 9 from Scar and I had 3 missed calls and a text from Andy. Why would Andy be calling me, I shrugged and curled back up on the couch.

No less that about ten minutes later my phone rang, it was Andy. I felt like I had to answer it as he'd been trying to get hold of me. "Hello?" I said, my voice surprisingly weak and shaky.

"Ly, are you okay? You don't sound too good?" Andy replied. I sniffed.

"I'm fine, you've been trying to call me?" My voice still sounded choked.

"Yeah I was going to see if you wanted to hang out. Are you sure your okay?"

"I'm fine,Andy. Really," my voice broke and I started crying again.

"That's it, I'm coming over there." I started to protest but he hung up. I sighed and just let the tears fall I didn't try to hold them back anymore.

About half an hour later I heard a knock at the door. I put my monster foot slippers on walked up to answer it. I opened the door to see Andy a worried look on his face, which at the sight of me turned to pity. I moved aside to let him in. He surveyed his surrounding, noticing the empty ice cream containers and candy wrappers. Then he looked at me, my matted brown hair, make-up stained cheeks and my glow in the dark mushroom pyjama shorts. I looked away ashamed of my appalling appearance. He put two of his slender fingers under my chin and forced me to look at him. My eyes darted across his face. I took in his crystalline blue eyes, his glossy black hair and plush pink lips. I bit my lip trying to hold in the tears that tried to escape. I stifled a sob. Suddenly he pulled me into his arms, I rested my head on his chest and listened to the sound of his heat mix with my harsh animal like sobs. He rocked me back and forth, smoothing down my hair. He placed a sweet kiss on the top of my head, then pulled away. "What's wrong, Ly?" He said. I just shook my head, not really wanting to tell him everything. "At least just tell me the main part, you don't have to go into details if you don't want?" I sighed and simply said, "I've fallen out with my brother." He looked confused.

"Isaac right? The one you made me go to Abercrombie for?" He drawled. I nodded. He sighed. "Do you want to tell me why?" I shook my head. He just pulled me into another warm embrace. "I just want you to know, that you can tell me anything, I know I haven't known you for long but, I really feel like we're already good friends and that I can really trust you." That's when I broke, the floodgates opened and I just cried and cried, and all the while he just held me. Told me everything will be okay, smoothing my hair and kissing my head.

And in that moment I knew, I could trust Andrew Dennis Biersack with my life.

~

Eep. Rate/comment/fan. Cheers ~ ZK