What Is Your Problem!?

I sent a mass text to everyone, telling them to get here as soon as possible because I had huge news. I bet everybody had their own assumptions as to what the news was, I don't even want to know what Scarlet thinks. I also told CC to bring alcohol because you know, we're celebrating.

I was thankful to see that Georgia wasn't with Andy when he arrived. Which was good because I don't think I would be able to cope with seeing her and Andy together. Anyway, by the time everyone arrived I was pretty sure they were itching to know. I quietened everyone down and cleared my throat. "So, I have some big news." I said. I heard Scarlet mutter something along the lines of; 'I bet she's pregnant'. I shot her a death glare and continued. "I, Lyra Elizabeth Moore, have got a job!" I squealed. Everyone cheered and congratulated me. I explained how I'm start my training to be a tattoo artist next week, I received hugs from everyone. I wished that the stupid little butterflies that I got when I hugged Andy would just go die, because I know he doesn't feel them too.

Soon after that everyone had started drinking, none of us were getting 'drunk' as such but maybe a little tipsy. We were dancing to Mötley Crüe, we had all partnered up and I was dancing with Andy. We were quite close which, needless to say, made me blush. I know that he thinks it's harmless, and I know he has a girlfriend, but I can't help but feel all tingly and warm inside when I'm with him. Things went on like this for quite a while, until my Mother burst through the door.

"LYRA ELIZABETH MOORE!" She shrieked. I gulped. I knew what was coming and I was terrified. "WHAT IN GODS NAME DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" She continued.

"Mum it's not-" she cut me off mid sentence. "Don't you dare tell me it's not what it looks like! I know full well what's going on here. You've invited these, these, men! Into our home, for all you know they could have ulterior motives! And what's more you're drinking!"

"Mum these people are my friends!"

"No they're not. I do not want these freakish people in my home. Get out! All of you!" She bellowed. Everyone awkwardly exited the house before this could escalate any further. "They're not freaks! Why are you always like this!" I cried.

"Why am I like this? I am like this because you need to know right from wrong Lyra. And obviously you don't. You're such a horrid little girl Lyra, sometimes I wish you were more like your brother!"

"What, a preppy drug addict!?"

"Lyra!"

"Face the facts mum, that's what he is!"

"Do not speak about your brother like that!"

"Oh my god, you're so bloody ignorant! All you care about is your job and money!" By this point tears were steaming down my face.

"That is it! I have had enough of your stupid, childish shenanigans! Get out!"

"What?" I said stupidly.

"Pack your things and get out, you heard me."

"What is your problem!?" I screamed in her face.

"You're my problem, you always have been. It's your fault this family has fallen apart, now pack your crap and get out of my house." She said coldly, no sign of emotion present on her face. I choked back my tears and slowly walked upstairs. I packed what belongings I could fit in my suitcase and left the less important things behind. I dragged it downstairs and without another word, left the remnants of my family behind.

It was raining heavily and I was soaked. I made my way to the local park and sat on a bench. The place was deserted because of the weather. I just sat for a while, letting the rainwater mix with my tears. The only sounds that could be heard was the drumming of the rain and the choked sobs coming from my mouth. I took my phone out and dialled Andy's number. It rang for what felt like hours before he picked up. "Hello?" He said.

"Hi, it's Lyra." I managed to say in between sobs.

"Oh my god, what's wrong?" He panicked.

"I need you to come and pick me up."

"Okay, where are you?"

"The park."

"I'll be right there, don't worry." He hung up. I pulled my knees up to my chest and just cried. I cried for my Mother, I cried for my brother, I cried for Andy but most of all I cried for my dad.

About a half-hour later I saw Andy's car pull up by the swings. He jogged over to me, belts clacking as he moved. I stood up and he engulfed me in a hug, telling me everything would be okay. I just shook my head and clung to his, now soaking wet, shirt. "Let's get you into the warm okay?" He whispered softly. I grabbed my suitcase and followed him to his car.

The car journey was silent, apart from the sound of my jagged breathing. Andy kept glancing at me, a worried look darkening his bright blue eyes. I looked at my reflection in the window. I was a mess. Mascara was smeared down my cheeks, my eyes were red and puffy, my chocolate coloured hair was wet and tangled, my nose was red and my clothes were stuck to my body. I sighed and continued to state out of the window and watch the blurred scenery pass by.

When I arrived at Andy's house, he handed me a towel and showed me where the bathroom was so I could shower. I took a nice hot shower and put on some dry clothes, Andy let me borrow a hoodie as the only one I had with me was soaked. It was plain black and made from a soft material, it smelt like a mixture of cigarettes, whiskey and aftershave. It smelt of Andy, and it made me feel sort of safe? In a way. We both sat on one of his cushy leather couches and remained silent. "You realise you're not getting this hoodie back, right?" I chuckled feebly. He smiled at me and said "That's alright, I have plenty more." He paused for a second, then sighed. "What happened Ly?" He asked, a look of concern etched on his handsome face. I sniffed and looked up at him through my fringe. I tucked my hands into my sleeves and brought my knees up to my chest before telling him everything about what happened between me and my mum earlier this evening. By the end of it I was, once again, in tears. "Sorry." I whispered, looking down at the floor. He lifted my head up, forcing me to look at him. "Why are you sorry?" He inquired.

"Because you have to put up with me, you hardly even know me. You shouldn't care, but you do." I murmured.

"Lyra, it doesn't matter how long I've known you, you're my friend and I care about you." He said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I let a small smile creep onto my face, though I tried to hide it with a sleeve-covered hand. "That's better, it's nice to see you smile." Andy chuckled. I felt a blush creep up my neck at his words. My happy feeling was soon gone because I realised; I'm homeless. My face fell and I sighed. "I'm homeless, Andy. I have no where to go." I confessed. He stayed silent for a moment, obviously deep in thought. Then he spoke. "How about you stay with me?" He suggested.

~

Oooh, cliff hanger. What's Lyra going to say? What will Georgia think? Questions, questions, questions. You'll have to wait till next time I'm afraid, folks. Vote//Comment//Follow me//tell a friend// much love, as always. ~ ZK