The Car Hates Me. Part I

Hey, let's get this show on the road yeah?

~

Today was the day, our last day of school. Most people were excited or at the very least happy. Not me though, I was dreading it. Graduation is supposed to be a happy time, but no, not for me. My mother, obviously, won't be there. Most importantly, my Dad won't be there either.

I showered and did my daily routine. I exited the bathroom and looked at the dress on my bed. It was a black, lace, strapless dress. It stopped mid-thigh at the front and it was longer at the back. I slipped it on and zipped up the back. I sighed and clicked on my stereo. Falling In Reverse came on and I sang along quietly. I slid about ten bracelets on each wrist, laced up my converse, grabbed my bag and left for school.

When I arrived I collected my gown and tried to find Nate and Scarlet. I'd been searching for them for about ten minutes, when I bumped into someone and she dropped whatever they were carrying. "Watch where you're-" I stared at her wide eyed. It was Georgia.

"What we're you just saying to me, freak?" She growled.

"N-nothing Georgia, I-"

"Shut it. I don't want to hear excuses form your ugly mouth." She inched closer to me as she spoke, cornering me. I whimpered. Georgia lifted her hand and swiftly slapped me across the face. "You really shouldn't speak to me like that. You know, I really don't understand why you're still here. I've told you so many times and you just don't listen." Georgia finished grabbing me by the hair, forcing me to the floor, and kicked me in the stomach. She walked away swaying her hips as she went. I should really be used to the abuse by now, it's been so long. But instead of getting up and soldiering on, I cried, I just stayed there and cried for a bit. I was glad I had worn waterproof make-up today.

I got up and dusted myself off. I checked the time, now realising I had to get the the ceremony now. Slipping on my gown and cap as I walked, I made my way there, I felt the sense of dread in the bit of my stomach grow.

I just sat, drowning out the ceremony, until Mr. Edwards came to the 'M's. he rattled off five or so names until he got to mine. "Lyra Moore." He bellowed. I took a deep breath and stood up to collect my diploma. A few people clapped but most of them just glared. I sighed and sat back down. I Clapped when he called Scar and Nate's names and drowned the rest out.

When the ceremony was over the three of us drove home in Nate's car, since I didn't take mine this morning. I turned on the stereo to see what CD he was listening to. Suddenly the car was filled with the sound of Lady Gaga. The three of us cheered, we love Lady Gaga. Nate loves her the most though, he had like a huge fanboy crush on her. We turned it up to full volume and rolled down the windows while we sang to Born This Way.

Nate dropped me and Scar at my house so we could get ready for the concert. There was a prom type thing going on at school but none of us wanted to go. I mean, I'd rather go see Black Veil Brides! So we put Black Veil Brides on the stereo and jammed while we got showered, changed and did our make-up. Scarlet was wearing electric blue skinny jeans (to match the blue in her hair), a Black Veil Brides shirt and a leather jacket. I on the other hand was in ripped black skinny jeans, a Black Veil Brides shirt, a red and black plaid shirt, leather gloves and silver studded belts. We decided against war paint because we'd only sweat it off. So I just applied a thick line of black eyeliner accompanied by red eyeshadow.

After the two of us spending three hours getting ready we laced up or shoes and got in my car. My car is my baby, I love it so much, it's a little black Toyota. When we arrived we were an hour and a half early. We wanted to get a spot as close to the barrier as possible.

We waited for what seemed like forever until we were let in. Me and scar ran to the barriers and latched on for dear life. The opening act would start soon and the concert would be in full swing. "Oh my God Ly, we have waited too long for this, the day we see our favourite band live." She giggled excitedly.

"I know," I replied "It's going to to be so worth it!" We cheered and the first act began to walk on stage. It was Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows, needless to say, we love them! They played 'I'm Here To Take The Sky' which is my favourite song by them. I shouted the lyrics as loud as I could. They played a few more songs before the introduced Black Veil Brides.

We cheered as the five leather-clad men appeared on stage. I looked at Scar and grinned, I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I rocked out the entire time. They played:

Fallen Angels.

Sweet Blasphemy.

New Religion.

Knives And Pens.

God Bless You.

Ritual.

All Your Hate.

They had one more song left to play, I heard the opening chords to Carolyn and felt my heart ache. This song had helped me through so much, I felt myself tear up a bit, as did a few others in the crowd. Scar grabbed my hand and shot me a reassuring smile. She was one of the best friends a girl could ask for. When the song was over we, once again, cheered and screamed. The guys thanked the crowd and exited the stage.

After what felt like a lifetime we reached the front of the meet and greet queue. I scratched the back of my neck nervously and said, surprisingly confidently,"Hi, you guys' music had helped me a lot and I wondered if I could have a photo with you all?" They obliged and I had my photo taken with my saviours, had a chat and then me and Scar Headed back to my little car.

~

I know, once again, not much happened. I promise next chapter though! The guys will enter the story more. Comment & vote please it would mean a lot. ~ ZK <3