Level Up!

A few weeks had passed and Andy was officially dating Georgia McKinnon. The sick thing is, I swear she's dangling him in front of me on purpose. I can't tell by the smug look on her face whenever I'm there. I hate her. Now, hate is a strong word, but not strong enough to describe how I feel about Georgia.

I have a job interview today, go me! I've applied for a job at a tattoo parlour downtown, I'm super exited, this is my dream job. I know I just got out of high school, but I'm almost nineteen. All I know is that I want to move out soon, I have some money saved up and when I get a job, I'm out of here. The thing is I can't deal with living here anymore. I'm so sick of my mum and she just brings back bad memories.

I pulled on some stonewashed denim shorts, a Jack Daniels vest and all of my bracelets. I pulled my messy brown hair up into a pony tail and put a black bandana on. I was seriously nervous about this interview, what if the don't like me? What if I'm not good enough? I pushed these thoughts aside and laced up my Converse. I grabbed my phone and Marvin the Martian bag, then headed out. I locked the door and got in my car, turning on the stereo immediately. Black Veil Brides started playing so I turned it off, not wanting to hear Andy's voice. I put Militia Of The Lost by Fearless Vampire Killers in. I fangirled a bit while doing so. Well, they're one of my favourites . I sang along the whole journey there.

I was sat in the waiting area of Skin Deep tattoo parlour, nervously drumming my fingers. A short woman with angel bites, deep purple hair and loads of tattoos walked out of the office area. "Lyra Moore?" She called. I gulped and walked towards her. She smiled warmly at me, which eased my nerves some. She led me through to the office and signalled for me to sit in a large leather arm chair, she sat opposite me. "Hi Lyra, my names Anais. It's nice to meet you!" She chirped. I replied surprisingly confidently before letting her continue. "I understand you've just graduated high school?" She asked.

"Yeah, I graduated about four weeks ago."

"Okay, and I trust you brought your CV and a portfolio of your art work?"

"Yes, I did." I unzipped my bag and pulled out my folder. I handed it to her, So she could assess it. She studied it for what seemed like ages, then asked me a few more questions. She told me she'd call me when they've made a decision. So I bed farewell to Anais and exited the shop.

Before I knew it, it was the next day and I woke up feeling good until I remembered I was supposed to get a call from Skin Deep Today. I was literally a bag of nerves.

The day went by like any other until I heard my phone ring. I just stared at at it, flapping my arms about. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." I said aloud even though I was alone. Finally I plucked up the courage to answer the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello is this Lyra Moore?" A woman chirped.

"Yeah, this is she." I said stupidly.

"Hi there! It's Anais. I was just calling to inform you that we would like to employ you here at Skin Deep!"

"Oh my god! Are you serious!?" I squealed.

"Yup, totally serious."

"When can I start?"

"You can start training next week?"

"Sounds awesome! Thank you so much!" I gushed. Anais giggled.

"No problem I'll see you next week, bye!"

"See ya!" I hung up and just about died. I, Lyra Moore was going to start training as a tattoo artist next week! I've levelled up and I'm one step closer moving out! I had to notify the best friends immediately.

~

Apologies for the fact it's not very long and it's a total filler chapter but big things next time folks. Vote/fan/comment/review/tell your friends. Much love. ~ZK