You Can Thank Your Dodgy Car.

After what felt like an eternity of touring we landed in England. I though it would be nice to be home again but it wasn't. All I felt was the haunting memories of living here flood back to me all at once. I took a deep breath and made my way to baggage claim with the others.

I slept almost the entire drive to the venue because I couldn't sleep on the plane. When I woke up I took a shower because I was all sticky from travelling. "You up for meeting everyone in a bit, Ly?" Ashley asked while I was putting a thick line of eyeliner on. "You bet! Three more bands I adore, what did I do to deserve this?" I joked.

"Well, you can thank your dodgy car." He chuckled. I punched him lightly on the arm and he ruffled my hair. I turned back to the mirror and continued applying make-up.

~Andy's POV~

When Lyra came out of the bathroom she was wearing black skinny jeans and a Black Veil Brides shirt. She sat down next to me and began lacing up her converse. "Black Veil Brides, huh?" I grinned and she straightened out her shirt. "Yeah, they're awesome." She said rolling her eyes at me. I knew for a fact that she likes every band on this tour which is great. "Lets go say hello, then." I smiled. She jumped up from her seat and followed me and the rest of the guys out of the bus.

We meandered into the venue and were met with a room full of bands just sat around laughing and chatting. "Hey, guys." I said, grabbing a drink and sitting down next to Craig Owens. They all shot back various replies. The rest of my band sat down and started conversations with people. However I think Lyra was a little bit starstruck. "Oh, this is Lyra, by the way." I said gesturing to the girl standing awkwardly next to the door. "Hello." She said timidly with a little wave. "Ah, a fellow Brit!" Drew Woolnough said. Lyra smiled and shyly walked over to the rest of Fearless Vampire Killers. She sat down and started talking to Drew and Kier. I could see her smiling and laughing which was great considering she'd been so sad lately.

~Lyra's POV~

I was sat in between Drew Woolnough and Kier Kemp. Which was very surreal. "So, you're British but, live in America?" Drew asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I moved there a couple of years ago." I replied.

"You should've stayed, this country could do with a few more pretty girls like you." Kier said with a cheeky wink. I blushed. "Maybe I should have." I drawled in a similar tone. He smirked at me and I could once again feel my cheeks heating up. He really is gorgeous. "So, what're you doing touring with the one and only Black Veil Brides anyway?" Drew said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Well, I've become quite good friends with them recently so they invited me out with them, I'm helping out at merch though. I wouldn't want to be dead weight." I said.

"Oh, cool. So, who out of the three other bands on this tour who are you most excited about seeing?" He asked, giving me a little nudge as if to prompt me into saying his band. "Well I love all of the bands on this tour so I'm going to dodge the question and say all of them." I chuckled. Drew pouted and folded his arms across his chest, jokingly turning away from me in anger. I laughed at his childish antics, but my laughing fit was interrupted by a hand being placed on my shoulder. "Thank god I'm not the only girl on this tour!" They exclaimed, they had an Australian accent which could only mean that it was Jenna Mcdougall. I screamed internally before turning around and smiling at her. "It looks that way, girl power." I giggled.

"Damn right, Lyra, wasn't it?" She laughed showing off her perfect teeth.

"Yeah, Lyra Moore."

"Well, Lyra Moore, I can see the two of us hanging out a lot during this tour!" Jenna chirped. I grinned, she gave me a quick high-five before returning to the rest of her band. That's how the rest of the afternoon played out, me being introduced to people and getting to know them.

The evening rolled around quickly and Fearless Vampire Killers were already on stage. I was sat in Black Veil Brides' dressing room scrolling through twitter. "Lyra?" Andy called.

"What's up Andy?" I replied putting my phone down and walking over to him by the mirror. He was teasing his hair and touching up his eyeliner. "Are you gonna watch us play?" He said looking at me out of the corner of his eye. I shook my head: Andy frowned. "I'm going to work at merch remember, because your merch girl couldn't make it?"

"Oh yeah, you didn't have to we could've gotten someone else to do it, Ly." Andy said, turning to look at me. I looked up at him and smiled. "Andy I want to, otherwise I'd just be dead weight and get in the way." I reasoned.

"Lyra, you'd never be in the way." He replied. I smiled and gave and him a tight hug: which he returned. "Well, I'm going to make my way to merch." I said.

"You're so stubborn!" Andy chuckled, turning back to the mirror that hung loosely on the wall. "I know!" I laughed before making my way to merch.

I was stood behind the merch table, folding things while quietly singing and bobbing my head to the song Fearless Vampire Killers were playing. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening, that I was on tour with some of my favourite bands, it was so surreal. My thoughts were interrupted by an ear splitting scream from the crowd, which must mean that Fearless Vampire Killers' set was over.

By the end of the show there were loads of people buying things. I was handing out shirts and wristbands like they were going out of fashion. It was nice to see all of these people dressed like the guys and smiling because they'd just seen they're favourite band live. To think, that was me only a few months ago!

Once all of the fans had left the venue I went back to the dressing room. I walked in to see that all four bands and William Control were squeezed into the little room. Kiss was blasting through the tiny sound system and almost everyone had a drink in their hand. "Lyra!" Andy cheered, bounding over to me. I giggled and congratulated him on a great show. He grinned and have me a hug, my stomach still doing somersaults at his touch. Then CC ran over and tackled me. "CC, buddy, I can't breathe." I choked out. He laughed loudly and released me. "Did you enjoy the show?" CC exclaimed excitedly. I nodded profusely and we talked about how amazing it was. Ashley was over in the corner chatting up a girl in fishnets as usual, Jinxx was on the phone to someone who I assume was Sammi, Jake was sat talking to a couple of the guys from Chiodos and Andy had wandered off somewhere so it was just me and CC. "So, any new developments with you and Andy?" CC winked, giving me a playful dig in the ribs. I shook my head sadly. "I don't think he sees me as anything other than a friend, C." I said dejectedly.

"Here have a drink." CC offered handing me a cool green bottle, the condensation dripping down the side of my hand. "Imagine if my mum found me drinking!" I gasped sarcastically causing us both to laugh hysterically.

Soon enough it was the early hours of the morning and most people were a little bit drunk. I was sat on the water stained couch talking to Jenna. "So Lyra," she began. "How are things in the romance department?" I choked on my beer as she said this and looked at the blonde girl sat beside me. "You're joking right?" I laughed. She shook her head and looked at me, expecting an answer. I shrugged in response not really wanting to divulge into conversation about Andy yet again. I just needed something to take my mind off of him, but that's hard when he's all I can think about. I'm in serious need of a distraction.

~

Sorry that this update is so late! I've been writing two other stories so I apologise to the few people reading this for neglecting it. This chapter is both short and a rubbish filler but it's just setting up for the drama that will ensue. Love you!