Untitled Part 55

"Tatum!" Matt's voice rang out on the bus that night.

"Yep?" I asked, looking out from my bunk.

Matt is standing at the front of the bus alone with his hands on his hips. He is pissed. Brian and I suspected this would happen. I don't care. Let him be pissed at me.

"Can I speak with you in private?" He growled.

"I don't fucking think so, man. Remember what happened last time you were this pissed at her?" Brian growled at Matt.

"Fine. You can come outside too, Gates. Just give us a few minutes." Matt snapped.

"Tatum?" Brian asked me.

"It's fine." I said, walking past the both of them.

Once the three of us were off the bus, Brian shot Matt a warning look. Matt nodded at him. Brian kissed my cheek, then walked down a little ways to give us some privacy.

"What in the fuck was that!? You said you wouldn't do anything!" He almost yelled.

"I didn't do anything. Physically. I simply told them all about themselves. None of you never said I couldn't speak the truth, did you?" I asked him.

Oh, is he pissed! Matt took a deep breath, then paced back and forth for a moment. He stopped and looked at me.

"I started out by congratulating Val about you two getting married. She instantly started in on what a slut I was. Same with Cuntzilla Michelle." I barked at him.

"I'm sorry. I really am, Tatum. I warned both of them." He sighed.

"Not your fault. I gave you my word that they would go unharmed. And they did. I will not stand there and be verbally attacked by anyone. Fuck that. But I would never do anything that would put your baby in harm's way. A little truth serum never hurt anyone. You included." I glared at him.

"Yeah. Thanks for airing all our dirty laundry too." He sneered.

"Sorry man. That's all I can say. Should of kept your bitch in line." I said snidely.

"Don't call her that." He snarled at me.

"Why? Again, it was the truth, Matt. I'm not the one that gets off on other people's pain, or enjoys being a bully." I shrugged.

"Tatum, this shit between you and I needs to stop. I'm sorry. I wish I could change it all, but I can't." Matt told me.

"You think I'm still upset about everything you did? I'm not, Matt. I don't trust you anymore. That is what upsets me. I'm trying like hell to move past that and realize that you were a shitty boyfriend at the end and made some shitty choices. I'm really trying. You gotta give me time, man." I sighed.

"Tatum, I wish to god I'd never done any of it. I wish that you were still in my life. I miss what we had." Matt said quietly.

"But, I know that I did all of this. All of this is my doing. I guess I just hope that one day we can at least be friends or you can tolerate me again." He told me.

"I told you, I'm trying. It just takes time. I'm happy for you and Val. I seriously am. I want you to be happy, Matt." I told him.

Matt is so stunned by this that he can only stare at me. I do want him to be happy. I'm over Matt. I'm over Val and Michelle too. I just want to worry about Brian and I, and not have everyone fuck with us. That's all I want.

"How can you say you are after all of this?" He asked.

"Despite what everyone thinks, I have a heart. I don't like seeing people in misery. Val makes you happy. You are happy with her. Just worry about you two being a family. That's all Brian and I want. We want to be happy and move the fuck on from all this drama." I sighed.