Untitled Part 14

"What are you doing here, Brian?" I asked.

In the last two weeks, I've managed to avoid Brian. He has sent some texts here and there saying he is sorry. I read them and that's it. I don't respond.

I'm handling this much better than I had originally anticipated. I'm just not surprised I guess. In the back of my mind, I almost knew he would do this. I don't know how or why, I just did.

I had just gotten off work and gotten home. It was a shitty day. I've had customers screaming at me over stupid shit that isn't my fault. Now Brian shows up. I'm not in the mood for this either.

"Just five minutes, please?" He asked.

"Make it quick. I'm in a shit mood." I said, letting him inside.

"Thanks. Tatum, I feel like dogshit. I'm so sorry. I hate what I've done. I never meant to hurt you. I was so pissed at answering her call that day. I knew once I did, that all the walls I built to keep her out would crumble. And they did." He said painfully.

"It's whatever, Brian. I knew I shouldn't of trusted you. I knew it. And I did. That's what hurts the most." I said.

"I know. Tatum, please don't hate me. I know you're angry with me now, but I hope one day you won't hate me. I also hope you'll still come around." He said.

"I don't know, Brian. I don't forgive easily. And coming around to see your bitchy girlfriend rub it in my face is a little shitty, don't you think?" I asked.

He glared at me.

"Stop." He said.

"Fuck you. This is what you chose. Sorry if I'm pissed off for being made a fool of." I snapped.

"I didn't mean to do that either. I really didn't." He said sincerely.

"But you did." I pointed out.

"You're right. I did. I'll admit it. I admit that I fucked up. I also admit that I felt something for you and still do." He growled at me.

"You don't get to feel anything for me anymore. It was your choice. Someday I won't be mad at you. But right now I am." I said quietly.

Brian nodded and sighed heavily. He looked at me and held his hands out for mine. I shook my head. I can't let him touch me. That will be my undoing and I know it. Even though I don't have feelings for him, I don't want my hormones taking over. That is not what either of us need.

"Not today." I whispered.

"I miss you. I miss how much you make me laugh. Fuck! I'm sorry I fucked up everything!" He almost yelled.

"It's going to work out for you. You and Michelle. If you try hard enough it will." I said.

"I'm not sure I made the right choice." He said.

"I think we both know you did. You were never open with me, Brian. I know you are with her." I said.

"I'm sorry, Tatum. If I stand here any longer, I'm going to kiss you. I'm gonna go." He said, heading for my door.

With one final look at me, Brian walked out the door. Once I heard him leave in his car, I finally broke down after two weeks of holding it inside. I said I wouldn't, but I did. Why did he have to show up?

I don't really have feelings for him anymore. I'm just so hurt by what He did to me. I am tired of being hurt by men.

I have no idea how long I sat on that floor crying. It was a while, that I'm sure of.

"Tay?" Matt asked through my screen door.

Oh fuck. I heard the door open and Matt walked inside. I didn't move from my position on the floor. Matt leaned down and pulled me into his lap.