Untitled Part 28

"Sorry, you want me to do what?" I glared at Matt.

"Come to the cemetery with us. It's what we do before we go on tour or have a show. We all pay our respects to Jimmy." Matt said.

"I haven't been there in months! Look what happened last time!" I shrieked.

They are doing a charity concert in LA tomorrow, and have even found a new drummer named Brooks. I've met him a few times over the last few months, and he's really a great guy.

I just don't want to go back to the cemetery. I've avoided it because it freaked me out so much last time. Yet, at the same time, I'm afraid I have offended Jimmy in a way. I know, absolutely crazy. I can't help how I feel though.

"You do realize that Jimmy would of never hurt you. Dead or alive, right?" Matt grinned a little.

"I get that, but it's just so fucking crazy to me." I sighed.

"Please? I need you there for me." Matt said quietly.

Rarely does this man ask for anything from me. I looked up to see his eyes full of sadness.

"Those Goddamn eyes. Ok, I'll go." I said, watching him light up with a smile.

"Thank you. I really mean that." He said, hugging me.

"Do any of them know about the cemetery?" I asked.

"No. I figured I'd leave it up to you." He grinned.

Reluctantly, I went to the cemetery the next day with all of them. I nervously glanced around for a duck or a tall man with black hair and piercing blue eyes. I didn't see anything. I felt myself relaxing as I held Matt's hand.

We all quietly gathered around Jimmy's grave. Brooks was there too. I'm not sure why that surprised me, but it did. I listened as they all said something to Jimmy quietly.

And then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the duck wandering the rows of gravestones. I squeezed Matt's hand to get his attention. When this didn't work, I tugged hard on his hand. Matt looked at me confused until I pointed out the duck walking one aisle over. Matt smiled wide.

"The stallion duck." Matt chuckled.

Everyone snapped their heads up to see what he was referring to. I heard the girls gasp quietly.

"Holy shit." Brian laughed.

"Where the hell did that come from?" Johnny asked.

"This is strange." Zack grinned.

"You have no idea." I muttered under my breath.

"Well, I know it's not a stallion duck, but this will have to do, man." Brooks grinned.

I watched him place a small rubber duck on the grave. We all chuckled quietly. As we said our goodbyes to Jimmy, we started to head back.

"Did you see that?" Zack asked suddenly.

"See what?" Gena asked him.

"I swear I just...nevermind." Zack shook his head.

I realized as we were walking, Matt wasn't holding my hand anymore. I turned to see him staring off in the distance. I looked to see what He was looking at, but didn't see anything.

"Matt?" I asked quietly.

He turned and smiled wide at me. He walked over and kissed my cheek before we got back into the car. I looked over at him and He just laughed.

"Rev said hi. He said you shouldn't be a stranger." He smiled.

"What?" I whispered.

I never told Matt that Jimmy had said that to me that day. I felt myself growing pale in the face.