Untitled Part 73

"Mr. Haner?" I heard.

My eyes flew to the doorway where Tatum's doctor stood. Today is the day we have been dreading. Tatum has been in surgery for over an hour. I've been pacing the floor the whole time.

Tatum informed me this morning that she hadn't told her parents everything yet. I about lost my shit. How the fuck could she not tell them? Tatum explained that her grandmother had died of some form of cancer, and her mother took it extremely hard. I get it, but they need to know. I about called them myself. She begged me not to, and like a push over, I caved and agreed to not call them.

"Hi." I said, standing up.

"Everything went very well. She won't feel the best for a few days, but by next week she should be fine." She smiled.

"So what does this mean? The cancer is gone?" I asked anxiously.

"Yes. However, she must come back in six months. We have to do another biopsy to be certain it doesnt come back again. No heavy lifting or intercourse for six weeks. You can see her soon." She smiled.

"Thank you. What about children?" I asked.

"That will be more up to how her body will respond to being pregnant. I wouldn't recommend it for at least a year. I won't lie to you. It may be hard for her to get pregnant, or if she does, it may be hard for her to carry the baby to term. I strongly urge that you wait a minimum of a year." She said seriously.

"I'll wait however long we need to. Thank you." I smiled at her.

She smiled and walked away. I sat down on the chair in the waiting room and sighed. This giant weight that I've been carrying around for weeks feels like it's been lifted. I closed my eyes and leaned back, listening to people around me.

"Wake the fuck up man." Matt said, sitting beside me.

I jumped to sit upright in the chair. I saw all of them filing into the waiting area. They took a seat and grinned at me. I know they are playing tonight in Huntington, but I figured they would be at sound check.

"What are you doing here?" I asked them.

"Like we weren't gonna show up, man." Johnny grinned.

Brooks rolled his eyes and smirked.

"More like the gnome said he wouldn't go on stage until he got to see your wife." Brooks grinned.

"Did not." Johnny glared.

"Did too." Zack said.

"Whatever. She just got out of surgery." I said.

"And?" Matt asked.

"They believe they got everything. She has to go back in six months for another lovely biopsy to be certain it hasn't come back. They still aren't sure how her body will react to having kids. She may have a hard time conceiving, or she may not carry to term. But, the doctor said she wants us to wait a minimum of one year before any of that. At this point, I'm just glad she is ok." I sighed.

"Thank god." Brooks whispered.

"Fuck, man. That's the best news I've heard in a while." Johnny grinned.

"When can we see her?" Zack asked.

"Soon. They will get me once She is in her room. I hope like hell she isn't going to talk about unicorns again." I grinned, watching them laugh.

"No shit. One of us may have to find one for her this time." Matt laughed.

"Where is her family?" Zack asked.