Untitled Part 13

"Why are you still here?" Michelle asked me.

"I was just leaving. God, you're a bitch." I said, shoving past her.

I heard Gena let out a laugh. I shook my head as I headed for my car. Fucking motherfucker! That is what he was doing. I knew it. I fucking knew it. Thank God I never slept him. Christ I'm so stupid!

"Tatum! Wait!" Brian yelled, running up behind me.

"This is what you're doing? Really Brian? I asked you earlier today. I asked you and you lied to my fucking face." I said calmly.

Brian looks frightened that I'm so calm. Truthfully, I'm scaring myself with as calm as I am.

"Tatum, after you left today, Michelle called. I answered, and I don't know why I did. But when I heard her voice, I missed her." Brian said shamefully.

"Then go to her. Have fun. Thanks man. God, you're an asshole." I said, brushing past him.

And that was all I did or said to him. I simply got in my car and pulled away, not looking back. There was no need to. It's done. Brian made his choice.

I got home and went inside my house. I sat down and stared at the TV but didn't turn it on. This feels like Phoenix all over again. My heart is ripped from my chest, but I refuse to shed a tear.

I sat there for hours, mulling over everything in my head. My ADHD was in full swing. I can't keep one clear thought. My mind is buzzing almost. I pressed my hands against my ears and closed my eyes. I just want silence.

I got up and grabbed a bottle of rum from the kitchen. I grabbed my keys and headed out of my house.

It's dark outside as I drove. I headed to the cemetery. Once I got there, I saw another car but paid it no mind. I grabbed a flashlight and walked over to Phoenix's grave. I sat down with my bottle of rum.

"Here's to you man. I'll never trust anyone for as long as I live." I said out loud to the grave.

I took a drink and leaned against the headstone. I muttered to Phoenix as I drank and played with the flashlight. I've never felt so alone until now.

"Tatum?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I shined the light at the person standing over me, still unable to really see who it was. Drinking will do that to you.

"Dad?" I mumbled.

"Sweet Jesus, no. Girl, what the hell are you doing?" Matt demanded.

"Getting drunk. What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting Jimmy. Sweetie, come on, I'll drive ya home." Matt said.

"Nah man. This isn't the first time I've done this. Go ahead." I told him.

"Stubborn ass girl." Matt laughed, sitting beside me.

"Please tell me you know the person whose grave you're leaning on?" He asked.

"Unfortunately I do." I said, handing him the bottle.

Matt took a swig and gave it back to me.

"Who is it that you came to see?" He asked.

"I'm surprised you don't know already." I muttered, sitting up.

"My ex-boyfriend. He led a double life. Seems to be my life story lately." I said, drinking some more.

"Shit, Tay. I'm sorry." Matt sighed.

"Whatever. It doesn't matter anymore, you know? It is what it is." I said.