Untitled Part 33

"Tatum?" Matt asked quietly the next morning.

I flinched and sat up startled. The hotel. We are in a hotel. I looked down at Matt and he grinned a little.

"You look better. Feel any better?" He asked.

"I don't know." I sighed.

"About Val." Matt started. "She came over that day to get the rest of her things She had at my place. I told her I was seeing someone. She did try to get me back and I refused. Yes, I kissed her. Why? I don't fucking know. I pushed her away once I realized what the fuck I was doing. I hated myself the second I did it. Then I hated her for being there. I'm not excusing what I've done. Not at all. It was wrong on about a thousand different levels. But, I can tell you that she is never coming back again. I told her this as well."

"I see." I said quietly.

"I've never lied to you, Tatum. I'm not lying now. I know it is my word only that you have to go on." He sighed.

"I will break that bitches face if she comes around again. Understand?" I snarled at him.

"I do. Believe me, I do." He chuckled nervously.

"It's going to take some time to trust you again, Matt." I said, watching how disappointed he looked.

"I know. I would of told you regardless. I had planned on telling you when you showed up at my place, but you left. Which, I understand why you did." He sighed.

"As for Gage, I'm going to find him." Matt said.

"No, you are staying out of it. I'm taking care of that." I said, getting off the bed.

"What? You're gonna call your uncle?" He asked.

"I already have." I said, watching him turn white.

"What? Tatum, you need to call him off." Matt said panicked.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because this isn't you." He pleaded.

"I don't want him dead. I want him in jail. Which is exactly where he will go." I said, watching him relax.

"You sure about that?" He asked.

"Zander gave me his word. He's not going to back out of it." I said.

"Look at me." Matt said, walking up to me.

I can't look at him. I'm angry and incredibly hurt. I'm scared, and I don't want to be. I can feel my tears brewing in my eyes as he approaches me. I shook my head at him.

"Tell me, Tatum. Let it out." Matt said stopping in front of me.

"I'm so hurt by you! I'm so fucking mad at you! Every part of me wants to hate you and I fucking can't! It pisses me off that I can't!" I yelled and cried at him.

Matt didn't say anything. I shoved his chest, watching him not move an inch. That just pissed me off more. Before I knew it, I found myself hitting him more in the chest. Matt just stood there as I sobbed and hit at him.

Finally, he gently grabbed my wrists. Only then was I able to look up at him. He looks as bad as I do. The pain in his eyes hit me right in the center of my heart. Wrapping one arm around my waist, while keeping my wrists in his other one, he hugged me close to him.

"I know. I know, and I'm so sorry." He whispered at me.

"I love you, baby. I know you love me too. If you didn't, none of this would bother us." He said quietly.

He pressed his lips over mine. What started out as a gently kiss, became heated and almost angry. I pulled Matt into me harder by the back of his neck. I heard him groan as he lifted me up. He backed us against the wall. I bit at his neck, listening to him pant heavily.