Untitled Part 16

"What's up girl?" I grinned when I saw Tatum's name on my caller ID.

I can't help but smile. I didn't really want to leave her house, but I didn't want to overstay my welcome either. I really, really like her. Even if we are only friends at the moment. I'm surprised she's calling me less than two hours later.

"Mr. Sanders?" A man's voice asked.

My heart froze. Who the fuck is this on Tatum's phone? Why do they have it and why are they calling me? Fear crept through my body.

"Uh, yeah. Who is this?" I asked.

"This is Officer Santos from the Huntington Beach Police department. Do you know a girl named Tatum?" He asked.

"Yeah. Is she alright?" I asked, ready to puke.

"Can you come to the hospital? There's been an accident." He said calmly.

"Yeah, is she ok?" I demanded, feeling for my keys in my pocket.

"I believe so. Please come as soon as you can." He said, hanging up.

Cursing under my breath, I grabbed my keys and opened the front door. I saw Brian had just pulled up. Not what I fucking need right now.

"Not now, Gates." I said, rushing to my car.

"What the fuck, man? What's wrong?" He asked.

"The cops just called me from Tatum's phone. I have to go to the hospital." I said, yanking my car door open.

"What? What happened?" He asked worried.

"Something about an accident. I gotta go." I said, getting inside.

"I'm coming with." Brian said, getting in my car.

I don't have it in me to argue with him. I need to get to Tatum. That is all I'm worried about.

I drove like hell to the hospital. The whole time I was pissed at myself for letting her go to the store alone tonight. I knew I should of just taken her. Fuck!

"Tatum Carson. I need to see her." I demanded once we hit the front desk.

"You need to sit down and wait. An officer will be out soon." The woman said to me.

"Is she ok?" Brian asked.

"I can't answer that." The woman replied.

"You fucking kidding me, lady?" I almost yelled.

"Shads, calm down." Brian said quietly, pulling me from the desk.

"Mr. Sanders?" I heard, looking up at a uniformed officer.

"That's me." I said.

"Thanks for coming so quickly. Tatum was found on the side of the road badly beaten." The officer said.

"What!" I yelled.

"A passerby found her laying unconscious in the middle of the road tonight. All she had on her was her cell phone. When was the last time you spoke to her?" He asked.

"I...I dropped her off a few hours ago. We spent the day together on a boat." I whispered, feeling sick.

"We aren't certain what has happened to her. There is no easy way to say this, but her clothes were torn." The officer told me.

My head felt like it may explode off of my shoulders. The thought of someone hitting her was bad enough. But, violating her in some sick fucking way made me want to tear the hospital apart. I am so fucking angry, I can barely see straight.