Untitled Part 17

"Who the hell are you?" I heard a man ask.

I had dozed off beside Tatum in the hospital bed. I just woke up to find her father less than thrilled with me being this close to his daughter. I recognized him from the wedding. He obviously does not recognize me.

"Um, I'm Matt. Matt Sanders." I said, staring at him wide eyed.

"Why the hell are you laying in a bed with my daughter, Matt Sanders?" He asked.

"Jesus, dad." Tatum grumbled.

I felt relieved that She woke up. Her dad's expression turned from a frown into a smile within seconds.

"Hi sweetie. Rough couple of days?" He asked her.

"It's been a blast. And quit screwing with Matt. He hasn't left my side." Tatum glared.

"Matt, this is my dad, Jim. That's my mom over there. Her name is Robin." Tatum motioned with her hand.

"Nice to meet you." Robin smiled at me.

I smiled and nodded at her. Jim glanced at me, then glanced over towards the other end of the room. Shit, why is Brian here again?

"Who the hell are you?" Jim asked Brian.

"Um, I'm Brian Haner." He grinned.

"Why the hell isn't your cousin here?" Jim asked Tatum.

"Because he was pissing me off." Tatum glared.

"There's nothing new." Jim sighed.

"You need to tell me what happened, Tatum." Her dad said seriously.

"Jim! Joe already told us. Leave her be!" Robin glared.

"No, I'm not leaving this alone. You're coming home with us." Jim told her.

"Oh hell no." Tatum said.

Brian and I are simply watching all of this from the side with smiles. Her and her dad are exactly alike. It's amusing to me.

"The guy has your purse which includes your driver's license. If you think for one second I'm letting you go home, you're out of your mind." Her dad said.

"Actually, we already discussed that. Tatum wanted to stay with me." I said.

"Oh shit." Brian laughed quietly as Jim gave me a death glare.

"Sorry, how the hell do you know my daughter? Do you understand what a handful She is?" Jim asked me.

"Oh we are more than aware." Brian smiled.

"She is a pain in the ass." Robin smiled at us.

Tatum groaned loudly, while Brian and I tried very hard to not laugh. She's not twelve years old for christ sake.

"I personally enjoy it." I grinned.

"You are either insane or on drugs, son." Jim said.

"Dad!" Tatum yelled getting his attention.

"Please, just stop. My head is killing me. You're not helping it. I'm staying at Matt's. Can I give him your address?" She asked me.

"Yeah, of course you can." I told her.

"There. Happy now?" Tatum asked.

"Not really, but I know you'll just sneak out of our house if I make you stay with us." Jim sighed.

"Let's get coffee. I think you've given her enough to deal with." Robin said, pulling him out the door.

"That was awesome!" Brian laughed.