Untitled Part 43

"Tay? Can we talk about some things?" I asked her a few days later.

The last four days have been spent in my bed, with both of us rarely leaving it. It's been the best four days of my life too.

However, Tatum and I need to discuss the elephant in the room. Something both of us have put off for months.

"Uh, sure." She said nervously.

We sat down on the couch. I turned to her and took her hands in mine. Tatum looks ready to cry.

"Babe, why are you ready to cry?" I asked.

"Just say it. Say that it was all a mistake." She said tearfully.

"Oh Jesus, baby! No! That wasn't what I wanted to say at all." I said, hugging her.

"Well, this is embarrassing." She mumbled into my chest.

I let out a laugh and pulled her to look at me.

"I shouldn't of started out that way. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. That is the last thing I want, baby." I said.

"God, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions." She sighed.

"No need for apologies. We need to talk about that night. What both of us saw." I said quietly.

Tatum nodded and took a deep breath. She squeezed my hands and looked at me.

"After you hit Matt, I was so embarrassed by him yelling at me, and for me making a scene, I went outside. I was on the side of Zack's house, trying to figure out what the hell I was going to say to you and everyone else." She said.

"Before I could go back in, a hand came over my mouth and throat. I couldn't breathe He was squeezing so hard. I knew before he spoke that it was him. He called me his pet." She sniffled.

I felt my eye twitch. His pet? God, I want to kill him all over again.

"He told me to walk into the woods. To not make a sound. I felt him slice my back as I walked. I tripped over something in the woods. He yanked me up by my hair and screamed at me. Then he hit me. I yelled back at him and he hit me so hard I fell down. Then he was on top of me, choking me. I was fighting for air. Then he stabbed me in the shoulder. " She said tearfully.

"I got a hold of the knife and stabbed him. That made him get away from me. I stabbed him in his chest. I got to my feet and had the knife in my hand. He kicked my legs so hard that I fell. I lost the knife. I was in so much pain. I couldn't move as fast as I should of. He yanked me over to the water and shoved my head under. Brian, my lungs hurt so much from needing to breathe. Then everything went white. That's when I saw Jimmy." She sobbed.

I hugged her against my chest. The fear she had to of felt. Fuck, I can't even try to imagine what that was like for her. I know how scared I was that night, but it is nothing compared to what she went through.

"I'm so sorry, Tatum." I whispered.

"It wasn't anyone's fault though." She said, leaning up to look at me.

I wiped her tears away and sighed. I have so many thoughts running through my head.

"Why were you so scared to come in and face me?" I asked her.

"I just admitted to everyone I had feelings for you. I didn't think you felt the same way." She sighed.

"You have no idea how happy you made me when you admitted it that night. I tried to tell you before we went inside the party that night. Hell, I tried telling you before we left here. I...I thought it was too soon after Matt, and I wanted to give you time to heal." I told her.