110: Potter vs Skeeter

I didn't remember anything. One minute I was in Dumbledore office next I was in Harry's arms. I didn't want to get up, the darkness was still there. Still welcoming. . . I embraced it. 

Then I wanted the light. I struggled, trying to reach for it the darkness wouldn't let me go. . . I got up with a gasp. Coughing and spluttering I looked around trying to figure out where--Harry, Hermione, Ron, Zoe, Nicholas and Draco were being pushed back by madame Pince who was rubbing my back. I was wrapped in a towel. People were screaming, pointing at me. I was at the edge of the lake. 

Then everything seemed to click.  The second task was over. 

"Emma!" yelled Harry, throwing his arms around "your ok. . .your ok. . ."

"Wha--"

"You weren't waking up."explained Ron "and now you did."

I had more questions, but just then, Ludo Bagman's magicallymagnified voice boomed out beside us, making us all jump,and causing the crowd in the stands to go very quiet. 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached our decision. Merchieftainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom ofthe lake, and we have therefore decided to award marks out of fiftyfor each of the champions, as follows. . . .

 "Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of theBubble-Head Charm, was attacked by grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed to retrieve her hostage. We award hertwenty-five points."

 Applause from the stands."I deserved zero," said Fleur throatily, shaking her magnificenthead. 

"Cedric Diggory, who also used the Bubble-Head Charm, wasfirst to return with his hostage, though he returned one minuteoutside the time limit of an hour." Enormous cheers from the Hufflepuffs in the crowd;I saw Cho give Cedric a glowing look."We therefore award him forty-seven points." 

"Viktor Krum used an incomplete form of Transfiguration,which was nevertheless effective, and was second to return with hishostage. We award him forty points."Karkaroff clapped particularly hard, looking very superior.

 "Harry Potter used gillyweed to great effect," Bagman continued. "He returned last, and well outside the time limit of an hour.However, the Merchieftainess informs us that Mr. Potter was firstto reach the hostages, and that the delay in his return was due tohis determination to return all hostages to safety, not merely hisown." 

Ron and Hermione both gave Harry half-exasperated, halfcommiserating looks. I rollled my eyes; of course the moral prat would do something like that. 

"Most of the judges," and here, Bagman gave Karkaroff a verynasty look, "feel that this shows moral fiber and merits full marks.However . . . Mr. Potter's score is forty-five points." my stomach leapt — he was now tying for first place withCedric. Me, Ron and Hermione, caught by surprise, stared at Harry, thenlaughed and started applauding hard with the rest of the crowd. 

"There you go, Harry!" I shouted over the noise. "Youweren't being thick after all — you were showing moral fiber!"

 Fleur was clapping very hard too, but Krum didn't look happy atall.

 He attempted to engage Hermione in conversation , butshe was too busy cheering Harry to listen."The third and final task will take place at dusk on the twentyfourth of June," continued Bagman. "The champions will be notified of what is coming precisely one month beforehand. Thank youall for your support of the champions."

Isaac, grabbed me by the arm and pulled my to a secluded corner "Im glad your alright" he said smiling, I grinned "me too."

"Write to me sometime" he said handing me a piece of paper "promise?"