28: Diagon Alley Once Again

"So your telling me" I whispered quietly "that my brother could be anywhere in the world?" "No" said Mr Weasly hurriedly, "it is very possible he is near, or in another shop." I could not loose my brother. He was the only family i had left, I couldn't stay there and do nothing. "I'm sorry for what I am about to do" I said "but...I need to make sure he's ok."

I dashed out, I could hear Fred and George calling behind me and trying to run after me. But I was half their size and I could fit through small alleyways they couldn't, and I may not play quidditch but I can run fast. I searched shop after shop ignoring the gasps that followed me as I passed. I bumped into someone who caught me just in time. 

"Oh, sorry, I-" I looked into the face of Oliver Wood. "Wood!" I say "Hi" "Hi Emma" said Wood, grinning at me "why the rush?" "My brother-" "Got into trouble?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yes" I say "but this time not on purpose."

"Ok. well, did he practice Quidditch? 

" from last-to-last week or so. We are staying with the Weasleys. Our Aunt and Uncle didn't let him. Now, I really need to go. Bye!" "bye" he called after me. And I raced, in and out of Alleyways. I sighed, as I turned to find a sign:

"KNOCKTURN ALLEY; enter at your own risk."               

I frowned. It did look dodgy. Full of funny little shops "Borgin and Brukes" for one...he wouldn't be there right? I'll check everywhere else before going there. I raced here and there, through cracks and all. But in the end I came to a shop "Borgin and Brukes." Oh no. I'm in Knockturn Alley.

I blew air from my mouth as I tried to find my way back. I was scared out of my wits until I heard a familiar voice I hadn't heard all summer. "EMMA!" I turned sharply, and there clear as day, with his blonde hair slightly disheveled and his grey eyes sparkling with excitement was Draco Malfoy. I had written to him last week and he had written back.  "Draco!" I yelled joyfully. H ran towards me and wrapped me in a hug. "I missed you" I mumbled, hugging him, "Yes, well' he said with a smirk "I can't blame you." I laughed. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked"Well, we were staying with the Weasly's and we were using Floo Powder and he came out the wrong fireplace, I think and I got lost trying to find him"I explained. He sneered a little at the mention of my brother and the Weasly's. He hated them as much as they hated him.   "Draco!" said a soft voice. Soft but sharp. I looked behind him to see a man who had to be his father. Same, blonde hair tied back in a ponytail, and the same grey eyes. He stopped behind him and surveyed me. "Who is this?" he asked. "This is Emma, father." said draco "Emma Potter." "Ah" he said, eyes going to my forehead "Ms Potter. It is a pleasure" he extended a hand, and I took it. "I've heard a lot about you from Draco, you have been an admirable friend." "Thank you Mr Malfoy" I say polietly. "Well, we must be going, Draco. Would you like us to escort you out, Ms Potter?"

"Oh, um, I-" "EMMA" another familiar voice, this one however, I had heard all summer. "HARRY" I yell, "Where were you?" "I came into this weird- Malfoy" his voice had a sneer to it. "Potter" Draco scowled. "Thank you Mr Malfoy" I said with a winning smile "but I think we can manage. See yu at Hogwarts Dray!" "I told you not to call me that!" Draco said as he swaggered off with his Dad. 

As we tried to figure out how to get out.... "Not lost are you, my dears?" said a voice in my ear, making me jump.An aged witch stood in front of us, holding a tray of whatlooked horribly like whole human fingernails. She leered at us,showing mossy teeth. Harry backed away, pulling me with him."we're fine, thanks," he said. "we're just —""HARRY!EMMA! What d'yeh think yer doin' down there?" my heart leapt. So did the witch; a load of fingernails cascaded down over her feet and she cursed as the massive form ofHagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper, came striding toward them,beetle-black eyes flashing over his great bristling beard."Hagrid!" Harry croaked in relief. "we were lost — Floo powder —"Hagrid seized Harry by the scruff of the neck and me by the arm and pulled us away from the witch, knocking the tray right out of her hands. Hershrieks followed us all the way along the twisting alleyway outinto bright sunlight. Harry saw a familiar, snow-white marblebuilding in the distance — Gringotts Bank.