12: A new friendship

Hermione was now refusing to speak to Harry and Ron,But...what can I do. 

Harry and Draco kept arguing {idiotic boys...} but I stayed out of it. Harry's quidditch training was going well after the 2nd one I caught wood in the corridor. "OI! WOOD!" He turned "Hey, Potter." He said "Call me Emma. Potter is my brother's nickname...Ems for short." "Hey Emma, you need something." 

"How hard are you training my brother?" 

"well, why don't you ask your brother?"

"Oh, I have. He says you want to kill him, but he's a big baby"

Wood chuckled, "I assure you I don't train my teammates easily."

"Good"

"Hey are you friends with twins?"

"The weaslys?Yeah..why?"

"did you-- by any chance-- slip a elixir in my shampoo so that my hair turned green?" I smirk evily. It was me who did it. The twins found a good use for their 'secretary'. "Maybe, Maybe not, You'll never know!" I sang. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Prof. Flitwick: Escape!

"Hello Ms. potter!" called flitwick "Sorry wood. I'm failing charms class . So...I gotta catch up right professor?" I look at him witha meanig ful look. But he just looked confused. "But your exceeding the course!" He cried. Wood put his hands on his hips "I-er-gotta go!" I said dashing down the corridor.

But things got really bad.....

***

On Halloween morning we woke to the delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the corridors. Even better, Professor Flitwick announced in Charms that he thought we were ready to start making objects fly, something they had all been dying to try since they'd seen him make Neville's toad zoom around the classroom. Professor Flitwick put the class into pairs to practice. Harry's partner was Seamus Finnigan I got parvati {ugh}  Ron, however, was to be working with Hermione . It was hard to tell whether Ron or Hermione was angrier about this. She hadn't spoken to either of them since the day Harry's broomstick had arrived.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too -- never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

I got it in my first go. The class watched as it hovered over my head.

"Well done Ms. Potter! Look everyone!"

Ron, at the next table, wasn't having much more luck.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" he shouted, waving his long arms like a windmill.

"You're saying it wrong," I heard Hermione snap. "It's Wing- gar -dium Levi- o -sa, make the 'gar' nice and long."

"You do it, then, if you're so clever," Ron snarled.

Hermione rolled up the sleeves of her gown, flicked her wand, and said, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Their feather rose off the desk and hovered about four feet above their heads.

"Oh, well done!" cried Professor Flitwick, clapping. "Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it too!"

Ron was in a very bad mood by the end of the class.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her," I heard him say to  Harry as they pushed their way into the crowded corridor, "she's a nightmare, honestly."

Hermione ran past me bumped into harr.Icaught a glimpse of her face -- and was startled to see that she was in tears.

"I think she heard you." I heard harry say

"So?" said Ron, but he looked a bit uncomfortable. "She must've noticed she's got no friends.Except for Emma"