9: My stupid brother....

we spotted a notice pinned up in the Gryffindor common room that made them all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday -- and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical," said Harry darkly. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy."

I knew, Flying was the thing he was most looking forward to.

I grunted "You are not going to let anyone hold you back from doing what you want" I said "And I would appreciate it if you didn't bad-mouth my friend" Harry scoffed "Friend...." he muttered. Hermione was glad I was promoting inter-house harmony as she called it. And was perfectly happy about my friendship with draco.Hermione was also now my best friend, I could talk to her about anything and everything. And she accepted my choices.

Harry and Ron and the other hand....weren't as accepting. Ron let it slide easily just warning me to keep a open mind and harry just..tried to make me break my friendship. He tried for a few days but eventually saw how happy I was chatting and laughing was draco. So eventually he sighed and simply said "If he hurts you I get to kill him". 

Thusrday afternoon just before our flying lesson Prof. Mcgonagall came to me. "Ms. Potter" She said crisply"I wanted to talk to you during your flying class. I have informed Madame Hooch. Please accompany me to my office." I gulped. Had I done something wrong? "O-okay" Hermione shot me a reassuring look before following the others to the lawn. 

As I Followed Prof. Mcgonagall my mind was racing 'What did I do? Did I fail Transfiguration? But I've been doing so well!How did I fail-Oh God..What if they expell me. What happens if-" Prof. Mcgonagall interrupted my panick thoughts. Gesturing me too sit on a chair in front of her. "P-profecessor Mcgonagall? A-am I in trouble?"She looked at me; surprised"God gracious, No! You are one of the brightest studets at hogwarts! exceeding your mother even!!! And that's saying something."I was shocked "Even herbology?" She looked at me eyes dancing  with amusment, but not letting her lips smile "Even Herbology."

"Thank god" I muttered, slumping in relief "Then why have you called me here, professor?"She hesitated. "Like I said before Ms, Potter. You and Ms. Granger have surpassed all limits first years usually have. I 've had this talk with her. I felt it was better to do this indivitually .Ms, Granger was admant about telling you, howeverI urrged her not too." 

"I wanted to talk to you or rather-Test you." I sat straight, my panick returning "T-test me?" I stammer "on what?". As a response  she got a book off her shelf and laid it in front of me 'Standard book of spells grade 4' "I want you to do one of the easiest spells in this book: accio" Oh god....she might as well have asked me to battle a dragon.... I cleared my throat . "Just Accio?" I asked drawing my wand. "It's a summoning spell" explained mcgonagall "So...say accio quill" "Ok" I said. "accio quill!" 

The handsome, Eagle feather quill, lying on her desk flew straight to my hand I was shocked. "I did it?" I say stunned "I did it, I did it."Prof. Mcgonagall smiled "I knew you c-" She was interrupted a boy shot by on a broom, and slammed into her window. Was that-

I rushed to the window. Yup there in all his glory was my idiot of my brother. "What on Earth-" I said. Prof. Mcgonagall joined me at the window. her fury matched mine "Professor" I growled "I think we shou-" "i agree" she said not even letting me finish. "Follow me" She led the way to the qudditch pitch, me trailing close behind."HARRY POTTER!" at the same time I shrieked "HARRY JAMES POTTER YOU IDIOT"

"Never -- in all my time at Hogwarts--"

I was almost speechless with shock, and my eyes flashed furiously, " -- how dare you --You idiot-- might have broken your neck--"

"It wasn't his fault, Professor--"

"Be quiet, Miss Patil--"

"But Malfoy--"

"That's enough, Mr. Weasley. Potter, follow me, now."

Up the front steps, up the marble staircase inside, and still Professor McGonagall didn't say a word to him. She wrenched open doors and marched along corridors with Harry trotting miserably behind her. Maybe she was taking him to Dumbledore. "what d'you reckon will happen to me?" He whispered. I shot him a dirty look "I don't know about her-" I nodded to mcgonagall "but I have every right to throw in a few slaps and punches" he grimaced

Professor McGonagall stopped outside a classroom. She opened the door and poked her head inside.

"Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment?"

 Wood was a burly fifth-year boy who came out of Flitwick's class looking confused.

"Follow me, you three," said Professor McGonagall, and they marched on up the corridor, Wood looking curiously at Harry and me. But mainly Harry

"In here."

Professor McGonagall pointed them into a classroom that was empty except for Peeves, who was busy writing rude words on the blackboard.

"Out, Peeves!" she barked. Peeves threw the chalk into a bin, which clanged loudly, and he swooped out cursing. Professor McGonagall slammed the door behind him and turned to face the two boys.

"Potter, this is Oliver Wood. Wood -- I've found you a Seeker."

Wood's expression changed from puzzlement to delight.

"Are you serious, Professor?"

"Absolutely," said Professor McGonagall crisply. "The boy's a natural. I've never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on a broomstick, Potter?"

Harry nodded silently. He didn't have a clue what was going on, neither did I

"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty-foot dive," Professor McGonagall told Wood. "Didn't even scratch himself. Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it."

Wood was now looking as though all his dreams had come true at once.

"Ever seen a game of Quidditch, Potter?" he asked excitedly.

"Wood's captain of the Gryffindor team," Professor McGonagall explained.

"He's just the build for a Seeker, too," said Wood, now walking around Harry and staring at him. "Light -- speedy -- we'll have to get him a decent broom, Professor -- a Nimbus Two Thousand or a Cleansweep Seven, I'd say."

"I shall speak to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can't bend the first-year rule. Heaven knows, we need a better team than last year. Flattened in that last match by Slytherin, I couldn't look Severus Snape in the face for weeks..."

Professor McGonagall peered sternly over her glasses at Harry.

"I want to hear you're training hard, Potter, or I may change my mind about punishing you."

Then she suddenly smiled.

"Your father would have been proud," she said. "He was an excellent Quidditch player himself." we both smiled "Congrats Harry!!!" I squeled, throwing my arms around his neck but then remembered I was supposed to be mad at him,"wait a minuet" I said withdrawing my arms "He just gets off? But professor...my brother-" you are free to issue any punishment." An evil smirk graced my lips "Anything?" "Yes" Harry gulped 

"very well"

I took a deep breath "HARRY JAMES POTTER" i scream startling wood and mcgonagall, Harry cringed "HOW-HOW DARE YOU TRY SOMETHING SO UTTERLY DANGEROUS. IF YOU HAD DIED I WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU!!!!!" "I-"

"I'M NOT FINISHED" I yell "DON'T-DO THAT- AGAIN" with every word he got a punched. "Fiesty one eh?" Said Wood. I directed my glare to him "You better train him hard" I growl.

***
"You're joking."

It was dinnertime. Harry had just finished telling Ron what had happened when he'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Ron had a piece of steak and kidney pie halfway to his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.

"Seeker ?" he said. "But first years never -- you must be the youngest house player in about--"

"-- a century," said Harry, shoveling pie into his mouth. He felt particularly hungry after the excitement of the afternoon. "Wood told me."

Ron was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Harry.

"I start training next week," said Harry. "Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Harry, and hurried over.

"Well done," said George in a low voice. "Wood told us. We're on the team too -- Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year," said Fred. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you.""Oooh" I said. "I'm done with HW and Hermione needs to talk to prof. Sprout. Can I come?"

"Sure, young apprentice"

Little did I know just after nearly escaping expulsion my brother was getting into more trouble