2:Letters from nobody

Time in the cupboard was boring. Extremely boring....but I had my books...thats what I do when I'm bored:read. Other than my brother my books have been my constant companions. "So...."said Harry "New school in september?" "Yup" I say "It's going to be difficult. "Says you"Harry scoffs "you are one of the top students all the time". I shrug; I know I've always gotten good marks but.....you never know what might happen. I take a deep breathe, I need to tell my brother what I'm feeling I know he feels it too but........We need to talk. "So." I say closing my book "I have a question. "Harry grinned "you have a question about everything Ems. What is it this time?" "Ha-have you ever felt like there's more to us than what we're told? I know you might think it's because of us only having eachother but.....no matter where we go...Any place hasn't made us-or me at least- like....like....." "Like we belong?" finished Harry quietly. "Exactly". "Many times" he said "All of time actually...But I feel like we'll find where we belong...together"

"A-and" I stammer "Y-you know how at the zoo you were talking to the snake?" He nodded "I could only make out hisses and stuff. But..." I stop "but?" Harry prompted "But I-I think I heard it's voice in my head." Harry's eyes widen "It kept saying 'free...I want to be free' And next thing we know it is free" Harry shook his head "W-we'll figure it out" He said.

I hope he's right.....

When we first got out of the cupboard I twirled around "Daylight, I've missed you so much" I sang. Harry laughed "C'mon" He said chuckling "Breakfast". When we entered we saw the dursleys eating breakfast. Me and Harry sat down and dug in. IT had been so long since we've tasted butter. We heard the post come in- and that was the first time I noticed Dudley's new uniform; His Smeltings uniform- which came the a stick? what kind of stupid accessory is that? "Get the post Dudley"Uncle Vernon said engrossed in the newspaper.

"Make the twins get it"

"Harry, Emma get the post"

"Make dudey get it"

"Hit them with your stick Dudley."

We dodged the stick and went to get th post. There were 4 letters; 2 to Uncle vernon and the other to for...me and harry? Harry had the same shoked look when he realised.... They both had identical thick parchment and a seal with a lion, an eagle, a badger and a serpant all meeting on the letter 'H' I flipped my letter over and it read:

Ms. E. Potter,

Cupboard under the stairs

Number 4, Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surey

"H-harry" I stammer "A-are you seeing this too or am I dreaming?". "I'm seeing it Ems" Harry whispered in the same breatheless tone as me. I snapped out of it first "Let's head back" I say "it's summer. There's nothing to do we can deal with it after breakfast" He nodded. We walked back and gave uncle vernon his post...not taking our eyes off our own. "SOMEONE'S BEEN WRITING TO YOU TWO?" Dudley asked "Who would do that?" Uncle Vernon's head snapped up he first looked at us than the letters in our hands, then with a howl of rage snatched our letters from our hands and grabbed all 3 of us- Harry, Me and Dudley by the scruffs of our necks and threw us out slamming the door. amongst all the confusion for the first time in nearly 11 years Me, Harry and Dudley had the same exact thought: We had to eavesdrop. Harry and Dudley started arguing...again On who got to press their ear on the door and who had to use the bottom. I roll my eyes "boys" I mutter Then pushed pass them hissing "Oh, Shut up the both of you" and I pressed my ear to the door while Harry and Dudley used the bottom.

I heard broken bits of conversation;

"It's happening Petunia..."

"I thought we were trying to make them normal...We vowed we would make them normal....A-and how did they know where they sleep?"

"They've been watching the house obviously......."

Next thing we know, the door is opening and uncle Vernon is looking at us with forced kindness in his puggy little eyes "Er...Dudley please go to your room for a moment" Dudley stomped "We know, we know" Harry sighed "We'll go to our cupboard" Uncle Vernon stopped us "Er...Um...well, Harry, Emma you see you are outgrowing the cupboard so....we are moving you to the spare bedroom." The dursleys have 4 bedrooms: One for Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon, One for whatever guest who comes to visit, One for dudley and One for all the toys which don't fit in his first bedroom. The spare bedroom-dudley's one-has two beds

So me and harry our taking our few belongings to the new clean bedroom, we hear dudley whinig "but I don't want them in there...". "You know" I say plopping down on my bed "I'd much rather be in our cupboard with the letters than up here without them" Harry nodded gloomily,

****

The letter's didn't stop, They kept coming every...single...day. Even when uncle vernon blocked the mail box they kept coming Throught the back door....the laundry chute. This happened all week until sunday. Uncle Vernon looked happier than an alligator who was about to be fed a big hunk of meat, "Ah, sunday" he smiled "Best day of the week. Know why Dudley?". "Huh?"

"Because ther's no post on sunday?" Harry whispers

"Right you are! I can't eve-"

He was interrupted by a loud swooshing in the chimney suddenly thousand of letter burst through, Dudley fell down, Aunt Petunia shrieked Uncle Vernon howled me and harry were jumping trying to catch the letters.......Uncle Vernon grabbed us and threw us out, we were followed by Aunt Petunia and Dudley.. Uncle Vernon came in purple with anger "PACK YOUR THINGS"he roared "WE'RE LEAVING"

and so we did. We first went to hotel but on our second day... "Excuse me" said a conceirege "are one of you Mr.H And Ms.E potter? I recieved hundreds of these letters this morning." I made to grab one but uncle vernon was quicker...."erm....I'll take the letters" next thing we know we're on a boat.And we arrived on a rock with a hut...which when harry and I realised: it was the eve of our birthday." As the clock chimed closer to midnight me and harry counted down to minuets....dudley's watch beeped midnight me and Harry shared a smile "Happy birthday Ems." he said leaning in to give me a hug. "Happy birthday harry" I whisper hugging him back. but we were interrupted with an earth-shaking BOOM