27: Floo Powder

(A/N) :Thank you for that!

Life at the Burrow was as different as possible from life on PrivetDrive. The Dursleys liked everything neat and ordered; theWeasleys' house burst with the strange and unexpected. Harry and I gota shock the first time he looked in the mirror over the kitchen mantelpiece and it shouted, "Tuck your shirt in, scruffy!" The ghoul inthe attic howled and dropped pipes whenever he felt things weregetting too quiet, and small explosions from Fred and George'sbedroom were considered perfectly normal (I was often welcomed to join). What I and Harry foundmost unusual about life at Ron's, however, wasn't the talking mirror or the clanking ghoul: It was the fact that everybody thereseemed to like him.Mrs. Weasley fussed over the state of his socks and tried to forcehim to eat fourth helpings at every meal. Mr. Weasley liked Harry or me to sit next to him at the dinner table so that he could bombard us with questions about life with Muggles, asking us to explain howthings like plugs and the postal service worked. 

One day, as I was rummaging through my trunk, I found a library book about wires circuits and what not. I have no idea where that came from but oh well. "Mr Weasly" I said, as he came back from work in the evening. "I was looking through my trunk and I found this book" I handed it to him "And I don;t want it anymore so...here.' He looked delighted "Thank you Emma!" he said flipping through the table of contents.

Ginny and I also got along really well. She was fiery of personality and extremely confident, I saw her rolling her eyes at fred and george, and treating Ron like how I treat Harry, like he was the same age. Well, I guess one year doesn't make much of a differance. Well, she goes completely red when she's around my brother.

Harry and I heard from Hogwarts one sunny morning about a weekafter we had arrived at the Burrow. Harry and Ron and I went down tobreakfast to find Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Ginny already sittingat the kitchen table. The moment she saw Harry, Ginny accidentally knocked her porridge bowl to the floor with a loud clatter. She dived under the table to retrieve the bowl andemerged with her face glowing like the setting sun. I gave harry a smirk.

 Pretending hehadn't noticed this, Harry sat down and took the toast Mrs.Weasley offered him."Letters from school," said Mr. Weasley, passing Harry and Ron and me identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink."Dumbledore already knows you're here, Harry, Emma — doesn't miss atrick, that man. You two've got them, too," he added, as Fred andGeorge ambled in, still in their pajamas. 

For a few minutes there was silence as we all read our letters. Mine told me to catch the Hogwarts Express as usual fromKing's Cross station on September first. There was also a list of thenew books I'd need for the coming year.second-year students will require:

 The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2by Miranda Goshawk                                                                         Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                                      Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                                       Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                                                   Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                                               Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                                Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart                                                                                             Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart