101: Dates and Dragons

I had arranged to meet with Isaac earlier that Saturday, Right before I was supposed to meet Hermione and my brother.  He told it was supposed to be "casual" so I dressed in Jeans and a T-shirt with my normal shoes. 

He told me to meet him by the lake; was it symbolic? I mean it was where he first came here. Or possibly it's closest to his ship? Does that indicate laziness? 

It is 99% possible I am over thinking this. 

Isaac met me at the lake with a picnic basket in his hand, he flashed me his famous smiles and gestured to the grass. "You didn't seem like the type of person who would like fancy on the first date" he explained as we sat down a little way from the lake "and I thought I'd introduce you to classic Bulgarian breakfast dishes." 

"Sounds amazing" I said smiling, and it did. Points to him for amazing choice of scenery too.

 Early in morning the artistic golden sun got up like a baby and started painting the dark black sky into a bright blue sky. The bright looking milky clouds got up from sleep and started travelling around the sky visiting the wonderful environment.

"What do we have then?" I asked, peering in the basket.

"Princesses, Popara, Banichika an' Bora."

Seeing my confused look, Isaac grinned and explained "Sandwiches with eggs and white cheese or with minced meat is famous Bulgarian breakfast. First ones are made when you mix 2 eggs and some Bulgarian white cheese in a bowl. Then put the mixture on slices of bread and bake it in a party grill. The others are called 'Princesses' and are made when you put minced meat on the bread slices and also bake them in party grill."

he opened these first. It was like an explosion of flavour in my mouth. And I had to admit, it made the regular breakfast I had rather bland. 

Again reading my expression correctly, Isaac chuckled and said "I take you like it?"

Mouth full, I nodded. He went on explaining "Widespread morning meal in Bulgaria is 'Popara'. Bulgarian kids love it! It's made with a glass of warm milk (or tea), 2 chopped slices of bread, Bulgarian white cheese, some butter and sugar if you want it sweet. Put everything in a bowl and you are ready to eat. I assure you it is very delicious and super easy to prepare. It tastes better than it looks. I promise!" And it did. 

It looked like a bunch on things chopped up and shoved in. But it was like drinking hot cocoa on a particulary warm night. It was delicious. Isaac's hand briefly brushed mine, so discreet and quick I couldn't tell if it was on purpose or accident. 

"A traditional Bulgarian Breakfast is 'Banitsa s boza'" said Isaac "Banitsa is traditional Bulgarian food prepared by layering a mixture of whisked eggs and pieces of cheese between filo pastry and then baking it in an oven. Boza is a drink with thick consistency and a low alcohol content, it has a sweet flavor. Although a popular beverage, boza is also used to describe something (film, piece of music, etc.) to be bland, boring, and of low quality. This comes from the turbid consistency and colour of Bulgarian boza ."

Princesses: