STORY OF THE CHUBBY 28

A/N:  Okay ...so no more conditions:( But it's still okay, I guess. Yea?

Enjoy this one loves. Thanks for the 11.1k reads. Really appreciated! Always appreciated actually. Thanks for reading my book and thanks for the commets and the votes for all who voted and commented. :)

‘Hey, yo ma...nice melons,’ Lee said, winking at me. A couple of his friends behind him whistled in agreement, eyeing me suggestively. Okay, under normal circumstances I should be offended right?

‘Thanks,’ I said smiling back at them giving them a wink of my own. Who is this girl? Sure isn’t Cecelia Grace Hastings!

‘And we’re done!’ Chris said, as he stopped filming us.

I sighed with relief as I dropped the watermelons into Lee’s hands, ‘These watermelons weigh a tonne!’

He laughed as he put them on the grass of his lawn outside his house, ‘The best of their kind. Thanks for agreeing to be on my Vine, though.’

I snorted, ‘There’s only so many times I could listen to you beg.’

‘And don’t forget the power of Skittles,’ Chris said, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

This boy is trying to kill me, I thought as I tried not to think anything of this proximity. Instead, I removed his hand from my shoulder and gave him a glare, ‘Are you saying I’m weak?’

He grinned, his eyes shining, ‘Nope. You’re not...just that your weakness is Skittles.’

I smiled and playfully punched his arm, although I felt like saying out loud, ‘You’re my weakness, silly.’

Lee cleared his throat behind me and I turned to look at him, ‘If you two are done, I need some help the next vine.’

‘Oh yeah! Lemme go get the wigs from your sister!’ Chris said and rushed to the house.

‘Do I even want to know?’ I asked Lee as I took one of the watermelons from the lawn and started for the house. Lee took the other one and followed after me.

‘Nope,’ he said with a smile. ‘But you’ll see it tomorrow. I’ll upload yours today, though.’

I shook my head as we entered their house and headed straight for the kitchen. ‘I’m not sure how I feel about this though...People seeing me...in a vine, especially.’

Actually I wasn’t sure how I was able to agree to be in the vine apart from the week’s supply of Skittles Lee promised he’d get me. Chris’s suggestion of course. But I guess I didn’t mind it. Somehow along the way I was changing... becoming bolder and not caring too much about what people thought...wait... I had that before. Maybe I was a bit more confident than I was before.

‘Aw, come on Chubby. It’s not a bad thing...ask Chris,’ he said putting the watermelon on the kitchen counter as I did the same. He turned to look at me, a serious look on his face. ‘Speaking of Chris...’

I chuckled nervously, ‘What about him?’

He narrowed his eyes at me, ‘So you like him...’

The way he said it...Like he was very sure of it. ‘Did he tell you?’ I asked him, horror filled my voice.

He threw his head back in laughter, ‘No he didn’t. But thank you for confirming my suspicions.’

Damn. ‘Erm...it’s nothing... It’ll pass,’ I said, stuttering a bit.

‘Right,’ he said, as if he didn’t believe me. ‘So I take it you told him?’ I nodded. He sighed and sat on the kitchen counter. ‘All I can say-and note I’m not the best in relationship stuff-is that he cares for you. I’ve known him for a while now and you’re like the first girl who he actually let into his life. He’s usually guarded with everyone but not you...so that should count for something.’