STORY OF THE CHUBBY 29

A/N:

HEY PEOPLE!

It's been so long, I know, and I'm sorry. But it's here right? So...It was quite a dilemma...and i came up with this. I know some will be disappointed I know...:./

Dedicated to my lovely classmates Angie and Naomi. (I'll put in your usernames later)

Enjoyyyyyyy. Tell me what you think by commenting and like it by voting! Thank you for 13.8k reads! You're all amazing!

PS: BitterSweet...you were missed!

I held the packet of frozen peas and pressed it to Ash’s jaw.

 ‘It’s gonna bruise real bad,’ I said, removing the peas from his face.

‘You think?’ He said, wincing when I pressed the packet too hard, a trace of annoyance in his voice.

I dropped my hand from his face and raised an eyebrow at him. ‘Look, if you’re just going to keep snapping at me, I think I should just go.’

He sighed; pinching the bridge of his nose, ‘I’m sorry,’ then he looked up at me and said, ‘I’m being...Sorry.’ He looked sincere so I just nodded and placed the packet back to his face.

He winced again and I murmured a sorry, trying not to apply too much pressure on it. We were currently at Ash’s house, in the kitchen, and I was playing nurse to Ash who was sitting in front of me on a kitchen stool with a swelling jaw.

His house was huge. And I mean, huge. He’d told me his parents were rich and I’d probably not thought it would be a freaking mansion. I had no time to take it in, because the minute we got here, I had rushed him to the kitchen to get some ice for his jaw.

‘So...You wanna tell me why you and Chris were fighting?’ I asked after a minute of silence, looking at his face for any reactions.

He looked up then sighed, then looked at me. ‘I need you to keep an open mind... after what I’m going to tell you.’

‘What is it, Ash?’ I asked, trying to swallow the panic that was beginning to rise.

‘Well...Chris came up to me-‘

‘Ashlynn? Is that you, darling?’ Interrupted a woman’s voice. Not long after, a woman in her fifties came in to the kitchen. She was about my height, salt and pepper hair, wrinkles slightly dusting her face but they only made her look wiser and sophisticated. She was neither slender nor plump, and wore a simple grey blouse and a navy blue skirt with navy blue flats; her hair pulled back into a loose ponytail.

Her eyes darted between Ash and I (or should I say Ashlynn and I), and then zoomed in on the packet of peas in my hand, which were almost numbing my hand by the way. She took a look at Ash’s jaw and put two and two together.

Shaking her head, she offered me a smile and a hand, ‘Hello dear. I’m Catherine but you can call me Cathy. Thank you for taking care of this clumsy son of mine...always getting into trouble every single day.’

‘Not every day, Mum,’ Ash scoffed, but smiling fondly at Cathy. ‘This is Cecelia.’ He said, pointing to me.

‘Nice to meet you, Cecelia. Though I’m wondering what a smart and pretty  girl is doing here with my trouble making son.’

Okay...Hold up. What on earth was going on here? I thought Ash said that his parents could care less for him.

She gave Ash a disapproving look, And it could as well be every day. And what are you doing at home? I thought we agreed you wouldn’t skip school from this week. You’re almost graduating and you should at least try making a little difference in the few months remaining.’