STORY OF THE CHUBBY 18

Of tradegies in life, one is unrequited love. ~Me

......

‘Do it for the vine!’

‘I ain’t gone do it.’

‘Do it for the vine!’

‘I ain’t gone do it!’

‘Do it-‘

‘I’m serious, Leroy. I’m not going to humiliate myself on social media by twerking for your vine!’ Chris exclaimed, chuckling a bit as he bit into his chicken sandwich.

‘Buzz kill,’ Leroy muttered as he turned to me and faced his phone to me, ‘Chubby...’

‘Don’t even finish that, Leroy. I’m not twerking!’ I said, shaking my head vigorously. I could not twerk for the life of me!

‘Oh come on people! I promised people a twerking vine!’ He said pouting. ‘Sammy?’ he asked hopefully looking at Sammy.

Sammy laughed, ‘That’s a funny joke, Leroy. Tell me another one!’

‘I hate you all. When I’m big and famous, don’t you come to me because I’m done,’ he said, putting down his phone and taking his sandwich.

‘Oh Lee...you know I only care for you. If I twerked I’d just decrease your followers,’ Chris said, with mock concern.

‘Care my ass,’ Leroy said and we all laughed.

‘Hey guys.’ Chuck said as he sat on the other side of Sammy. I looked at Sammy who looked a tad bit shocked but mostly relieved. I guess yesterday had been productive? I hadn’t gotten around to asking her what happened yesterday since we had some surprise test and I had to study for.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and when I took it out I realized it was a text.

Meet me at the football pitch.-Ash

Why would he want to meet me there? I quickly replied with an ‘Okay’ then pocketed my phone.

‘Could you take my tray for me when you’re done?’ I asked Sammy as I stood up and pushed my tray towards her. She looked at me suspiciously as she nodded.

‘Everything okay?’

‘Yea,’ I smiled at her then turned towards the rest, ‘I’ll see you guys later?’

They all nodded except for Chris who looked at me, worriedly, ‘Okay?’

I nodded, trying to keep my smile from growing at the concern in his voice. Oh my God, Heart! Why did you have to like one I can never have? I asked myself sadly. ‘I’ll see you around.’ And before he could say anything else, walked away to the football pitch.

I’m glad Chris trusted me enough with his secrets. It actually made me feel special because he hadn’t told a lot of people. And I’m glad everything’s back to normal because I think it would kill me not to talk to him anymore.

‘Chubby, hey,’ Ash said once he spotted me coming up the steps towards him. I had to admit though, Ash was really some serious eye candy, I thought as he flashed me a smile.

‘What’s up?’ I said, sitting next to him on the bleacher.

‘Nothing really,’ he said, scratching the back of his head, looking unsure all over sudden. ‘I just needed to talk.’

‘About what?’ I asked, curiously.

He cleared his throat, ‘Well...you said you understood what I meant about my parents...I was wondering why?’