STORY OF THE CHUBBY 47

'You know Mum was a little angry that you slept here last night,' I told Chris with a smile.

He chuckled, 'Yeah. I sensed that.' He turned his face to look at me, 'But I guess she knows her little girl is too innocent to do anything. Besides, I wouldn't care if she was angry or not. I loved sleeping next to you and I loved waking up next to you even better.'

I blushed a little but scooted a little closer to him so that our faces were mere inches apart. 'Me too... Maybe we should do it more often,' I whispered.

It was around 3 in the afternoon and Chris and I were in my room, on my bed lying on our sides facing each other. It was a lazy Sunday and everyone was in their rooms probably sleeping except me and Chris.

Tim had just left for Albuquerque after having lunch and Alex had looked a little upset after he'd gone. It was like she knew she would never see him again. Of course I just denied that was the case and even tried to tell her that she would see him again. She had then given me a sad smile, like she knew something I didn't, and then said she was tired and needed to sleep. I brushed off the feeling that Alex knew for sure she would never see him again and just took her to her room where she fell asleep within minutes. I guess yesterday really tired her.

'I think we should,' Chris whispered back, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he ran the back of his hand over the side of my face then trailed his fingers over my lips, down to my chin and through my hair.

Then he leaned down and kissed me, his hand at the back of my neck. My hand went to his face to cup his cheek as he turned me so that I was on my back and he hovered above me.

The kiss was slow and gentle; his hand moving from my neck to settle at my hip while his other one supported him over me. Too soon, he pulled away to look at me.

I was breathing a little fast, my heart pacing as he leaned in to kiss my cheek moving down along my jaw. His nose caressed my throat before he moved back to my lips, this time more urgent and deeper than the first. One of my hands moved to his hair while my other went his back at the same time his hand moved up from my hip to the exposed skin of my stomach where my shirt had ridden up.

As his fingers went beneath my top I tensed and he pulled away to look at me. 'What?'

I shook my head and looked away, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

'Cecilia,' he urged. Then he paused before he moved his hand further up my top.

I tensed again and I could sense realization dawn on him.

'It's different when you to it over my clothes,' I murmured. 'You can't really feel the...fat.'

I could feel him looking at me but I couldn't make myself look at him.

'Cecilia, Cecilia, Cecilia,' he murmured, removing his hand from under my top. He leaned over me on his side, one hand supporting his head while he used his other one to turn my face to look at him. 'Hey,' he said when I finally met his gaze, a smile on his face.

I gave him a small smile, 'Hi.'

'Have I ever given you the impression that I mind?' He asked seriously.

I shook my head, resisting the urge to turn away.

'Then why do you think I mind?'

I shrugged, not saying a thing. In my head, I was thinking of all those girls he'd been with and how slim they'd been. It wasn't a good time for Insecure Cecilia to come out but she was here anyway.

He hummed, his hand moving to my hair as he run his fingers through my hair. 'I love your hair...' they moved to my ear, then over to under my eyes, 'I love the green of your eyes, how they light up when you're happy... I love your nose,' I wrinkled my nose at that and he laughed as he bopped it.