Between a Rock & a Carved Waist

Seven months. It’s been seven months, 2 weeks, and 4 days since the incident.

        That’s how long Abbey’s been gone.

    Dave’s been avoiding everyone who’s trying to give their condolences. I’ve tried to set my paranoia aside to comfort Dave. Maz has been comforting us both.

Aubrey and Finn wanted to put their honeymoon on hold until Maz convinced their otherwise. He also convinced them to live far away from London.

                Abbey’s Eyes…was sold.

          It was hard for everyone, especially Dave. He’s been cold towards everyone and would sometimes call me Darlene; his daughter’s name.

  Maz and I have grown closer and stronger. Luckily.

We’ve all been like nomads. Moving from one flat to another- one town to the next. Faked names here and there and stayed on the down low. Sam and Bridget disappeared. Abbey’s death really shook ‘em.

(A/N: Sam Pepper’s a dickhead, therefore he needed to get the fuck out of my fic. I’d kill him off my story but, I’d leave that for other people. Bye.)

   I don’t blame them. Briget didn’t even say goodbye. I guess that means, ‘see you soon’. I hope we never do. I don’t want her to get hurt. For all we know, she’s probably dead somewhere. I hope not. I really hope not.

       “Marceline?”

  “Yea?” I said, still zoned out.

“I’m going for a walk”

I turned my head. “It’s getting kinda late. We agreed to-”

“I know what we agreed to. I just really need some fresh air.”

Before I would offer to go with him, he rushed and said, “Alone…Marcey. I want to go alone.”

“Fine but please be safe out there.”

He nodded and quietly closed the door behind him.

I stared at the door- my fingers tapping away at the table.

“You alright?”

“Uhuh”

“What’s up?” Maz asked.

“Dave went for a walk and it’s worrying me.”

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me, I would’ve gone with him?! We have to get him before-”

“He wanted to be alone. I offered to join him but he wants to get some fresh air alone”

“I hope nothing happens” He hinted.

“You and me both”

We were interrupted with something breaking through our window.

“Marceline!” Maz shouted as he pushed me down to the floor with him.

A rock with a note tied to it fell right next to me. I picked it up and it read:

          “I finally got you right where I want you” –Red.

My eyes constricted at the thought of having to be faced with the Devil herself. The Devil vs. The Devil.

“Maz, we gotta move! It’s HER! It’s Red!” I shouted.

“Fuck” he hinted.

I ran to Dave’s room where he had guns stored for emergencies. “Marcey be careful with Dave’s guns”