More

Marceline’s P O V

“Marceline . . .” I heard someone whisper.

I stopped crying and had my full attention to the door.

I scrunched my eyebrows and saw a foot stepping into the room.

I-it was Maz.

He had his eyes closed and walked further into the room, closing the door behind him.

Maz? W-what are you doing here? W-who told you I was here?

He opened his eyes slowly and they soon widened when he saw me.

“Marceline . . . are you okay?” he bit his lip and looked down, trying to hold back tears.

Maz? I waited for him to look at me, but he didn’t.

Maz? Maz look at me. 

He looked up but didn’t make any eye contact with me.

I grabbed his hand and I slowly sat up. 

Maz look at me please. Just look at me, don’t interrupt and listen. My voice began cracking.

He finally made eye contact and nodded.

*takes a deep breath* M-Maz, I’m soo sorry! I’m sorry for everything! I was such a jerk to you and you don’t deserve it. I should’ve stayed with you when you were crying, and I should’ve never put you in harm’s way. I broke down into tears. 

“Marceline, it’s not your fault! I heard some guys wanted to rape you and that’s NOT your fault! Marceline, why are you apologizing for putting me in harm’s way? You never hurt me”

Oh Maz, but I did. I hurt you really bad. And you nearly got hurt.

“What are you talking about Mars?” he asked confusedly. 

I sat up even straighter and grabbed both of his hands even tighter.

Maz, please don’t get mad at me and please don’t judge me for what I am about to tell you. I never meant to hurt you or lie to you but, I-I’m the girl who umm . . . took the stabbing for you.

His hands slipped out of mine.

I didn’t want to see you in here, I rather be in here instead of seeing you here, wearing scrubs. And I’m sorry Maz; I just didn’t want you to find out that I was her. I didn’t know when I was going to tell you that I was her but it wasn’t soon, that’s for sure. I said looking into his eyes.

 To be honest, I hated you Maz! I hated you SOO FUCKING MUCH! I hated you because you made it obvious that you liked me but then I saw you kissing some other girl. I felt hurt because you kept saying sweet things to me but I didn’t fall for it. You would tell your friends that you liked me but then you pull that on me? I know I didn’t like you the way you did, but seeing that proved to me that all you wanted was sex from me.  I thought that’s what you wanted me for and since you probably caught on the fact that I was never going to be yours; I figured you found a girl that would satisfy your needs. I paused to see him staring at me in awe.

 The day you were crying, I was crying too. Jack cheated on me with the girl that I saw you kissing. He saw us hugging and he thought  that I cheated on him with you. He said some mean things to me and so anger took over me and I kicked his ass. That girl also started talking shit about me; I was gonna kick her ass but she clearly looked scared as shit. That’s when my hate towards you, Jack and Finn grew. He still kept looking at me.

 The night I got stabbed, I was told that you brought me here. I ordered the Doctor to not let anyone visit me. He kept keeping me updated on you and NOT ONCE did he say that you didn’t come and try to visit me. He told me he began feeling bad for you because he kept saying ‘no’ to you. The Dr. mentioned how ‘deadly’ and ‘drained’ you looked. That’s when I realized that you genuinely care for me and during the time I was alone, I realized that I genuinely . . . care for you. I wiped thousands of tears from my face.