Ink'd

Finn’s P O V

Jack has been acting strange lately. He talks to himself more than the usual, as if someone’s actually with him. He has a certain look in his eyes that make you wonder what he’s thinking about. He doesn’t party much or drink; well, not that I know off. He’s calm but in a creepy way, it’s like he’s waiting for the right time to act. I don’t know what’s wrong with Jack but I gotta find out soon.

I made my way to Jack’s room and knocked. Before he opened the door, I heard some shuffling going on. He’s gotta be hiding something, he’s always open with me but now, he’s a bit distant yet close to me. Jack would reply with one word answers but he’ll still talk to me; Jack was never like that. Something isn’t right with him . . . I gotta find out what.

Jack’s P O V

I bought myself a small ledger to plot my ideas on how to make Marceline mine again. I can tell Finn’s been worried about me but he shouldn’t be; I’m A-Okay. He would do something like this too if he lost the girl of his dreams to some fucker!

*knock knock*

Shit, speak of the devil. I can’t let him see this; he’ll ruin my plans just like he ruins everything else.

I hid my ledger under my computer’s desktop but further back, he’ll never check there. By the way, he shouldn’t even be creeping in my room in the first fucking place!

I opened the door halfway.

What do you want? I asked bluntly.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to Nandos” he asked nonchalantly.

 He must’ve heard the shuffling going on in my room, I gotta act like it was nothing important.

Sure cool man, let me just get my coat and we’ll head on out okay? I said casually.

He nodded and jogged downstairs. I grabbed my coat and joined him. He’s acting ‘normal’ all of a sudden. Something isn’t right with him . . . I gotta find out what.

Maz’s P O V

After our shower, we laid in bed talking more about each other’s lives. I never knew how bad Marceline has it. Well, now that she’s in London; her horrible past was left in New York.

My past wasn’t as bad as Marceline’s. I only dealt with bullying and my parent’s divorce.

Her parents never cared for her; she had no one . . . only Matthew. But even with him by her side she felt lonely. She enjoyed school but she would get in many fights that resulted in suspensions and once they got tired of suspending her, her principle decided to expel her.

Luckily she never turned to alcohol or drugs to help he cope with her situations, instead she turned to art. She would leave her house and some days she wouldn’t come back. She even told me what she had gone through just to come to London, it was impressive but sad. She started a new life here but left Matthew behind and that really hurt her a lot. However, leaving him didn’t necessarily hurt her, the fact that he would always laugh at her dreams in life and he would always try to keep her back; affect her a lot. Asshole, I don’t know him but I don’t like him already.

It amazes me that no matter how much this girl has gone through, she’ll still give you a smile. She’ll help you out through thick and thin before she helps herself. She isn’t weak minded like many individuals who decide to live below the influences of society and decide to take drugs or drink. Marceline was smart enough to realize that she deserved better than that so she worked extremely hard to get to where she is now and I respect her for that.