The Chat

Marceline's P O V

He was gonna say it again. That fucking word that spilled through his lips onto mine, onto my skin and into my heart. That fucking word that he'd use so many times, so many fucking times. I don't want to hear that word coming from him, ever again.

"Hey, I saw what happened" Bridget pulls me aside.

Can we just not . . . talk about it?

"You wanna step outside for a bit, get some air? I'll join you, all this dancing has me sweating" she smiles.

I nod, sure.

We walked upstairs to a balcony and faced the beautiful view of the place.

"What went wrong?" she whisperes.

In the relationship that I had with him or the slow dance?

"Both, but for now, tell me about the slow dance"

He kept apologizing and talking about the past . . . it was very annoying and overwhelming; like a wave that you thought you got over but then an even bigger wave comes crashing towards you with no sign or warning.

"I know how that feels, you don't know how to deal with it so you decide to walk away and leave it alone"

Yea that's what I did. I walked away because that's just way to much drama to drag myself into. Sometimes it's worse when someone reminds you of your problems than it is when the moment you've suffered through them. I'm happy and I don't want him taking that away from me.

"I doubt anyone will, you're not stupid" she smiles.

I won't let nothing and no one take my happiness away from me, I'm not worried or anything, I'm just annoyed. I chuckle.

"That's my girl, see this is the Marceline that I've met and missed. You should wear dresses more often, you look amazing in them!" she smiles.

As 'new' as this sounds, I'm gonna buy tons of dresses tomorrow; come with?

"Are you serious or are you taking a piss?" 

I'm 100% serious, I chuckle.

"Oh my gosh Marceline! Finally!!"

"Babe, care to have this dance?" interrupts Sam.

"Sorry Sam, I'm chatting with MarsBars" she grins.

No, no, no, go ahead I need the air. I'll see you inside once I feel refreshed. 

"Oh alright, once you feel better come find me; I wanna dance with you" smiled Sam.

I nodded, what a goof haha but he's the one of the best goofs ever.

"See you soon sugar buns!" Bridget winks.

I chuckled, what a flirt haha but she's one of a kind, she's my kind.

I turned my back and inhaled and exhaled. Get your head straight, it's not good to fall back into that pit of shit, you're better than this Mars.

"Hey"

I turned around.

It was Maz with a drink in his hand, I bowed my head and turned my face away from him.

"I'm very sorry for making you feel annoyed and uncomfortable" he sighs.

I said nothing and slowly nodded.

"I got you a drink if you're interested, it's Grape Brandy" he added.

I shook my head in refusal and looked away to the point that he was no longer in my provisional sight.