Exploring London, At Night

Marceline’s P O V

I walked in and saw Abbey, she greeted me and quickly ran me through the day’s work.

“Nice you see you Marcey, you look lovely today. So tell me the status on Slade, I wanna hear all about it” Abbey said with an intrigued look.

I never had someone really ask me how my day went. The only person who did was Matthew. But he would just stare at me, kinda like the way Maz does now.

Why thank you Abbey, you look pretty lovely today. She perked up with a smile.

And as for Slade, I got accepted! We both ran into a hug and jumped around.

“Ahh, so you go to Slade too? That’s pretty far fetch” said Finn.

“Sorry Mars, I forgot to introduce to you my sister’s son, Finn. Sadly my sister died when he was five years old so I took him under my wing and raised him ever since” said Abbey with a side smile.

Oh gosh, I’m so sorry to hear that.

“Don’t worry about it, we’re all fine” she said.

“So Marceline, do you like it here?” asked Finn.

Definitely, I met new two new friends and I have an amazing job. Plus I get the chance to learn in one of the most prestigious schools in London. I’m super happy!

“Well guys, you two can get to know each other more while working. So chop-chop!” clapped Abbey.

“Hey Marceline, this may sound a bit straight forward but would like to go out after work? Maybe get some grub or noch?” asked Finn whilst having one hand on the back of his neck and the other in his pocket.

Sure Finn sounds great. I smiled and patted his shoulder lightly.

I checked the list Abbey gave me and the first one was to clean book shelves.

I grabbed some rubber gloves and cleaning supplies and I started cleaning bookshelves. Each book I took from the shelf really interested me. There were so many books in this store that I wanted to read but I had to put that aside for I had other things to do first.

“Hey Mars, I’m going off to do some grocery shopping. I’ll leave you and Finn to get the work done whilst I’m gone. I trust you Mars and I know you won’t let me down” said Abbey.

Okay Abbey, have a safe trip. And don’t you worry we’ll leave this place spotless. I saluted.

She smiled and left.

I continued cleaning the bookshelves and I was taking a book from the shelf, I saw Finn standing on the other side reading a book.

WHAT’CHA READING FINN?! I yelled at him, causing him to jump and drop his book.

Haha, I’m sorry man. I didn’t mean to give you a mini heart attack. So what are you reading?

“I was reading A Million Little Pieces by James Frey. Have you read it before?”

Yes I have and it was quite a good read. I was just amazing how much a person can go through in their lives, but not give up.

“I’m only in chapter two but I’m already hooked. So tell me more about yourself whist we clean this place” said Finn.

As I told him more about myself, he stared at me the way Maz does. I hope he doesn’t like me. But like I said, I don’t even know if Maz likes me. It was just someone’s observation. But with Finn, it was different. It looked like he was studying my features. It felt weird so I kept looking down to avoid eye contact.