New Life, New Friends

As Abbey pulled up to the University I could not believe how beautiful the school looked. I can only imagine what it looks like inside.

"Welp! Here we are, this is Slade" said Abbey as she unbuckled her seatbelt. "Pretty awesome, yea?"

I nodded in disbelief, "Wow, look there are people painting and sketching outside. I love it! Thank you so much for bringing me here Abbey!"

"Sure thing sweety, now let's go in and have a chat with a counselor to get you started soon"

We walked inside the school and were immediately greeted by the Dean herself, Mrs. Charles.

-

After a few hours of orientation, I personally asked the Dean about my chances of becoming a student at Slade, as well as the cost of being a student here.

Mrs. Charles mentioned the cost of being a student is as expensive as a prestigious university can get. However, being that I am from another country, she said that I qualify for an international student scholarship. All I have to do is submit an artwork that represents the struggles I endured in coming to a foreign country to study at Slade.

Since school is starting soon, I only have about a week and a half to submit my work to Mrs. Charles. Great. No pressure.

None.

"Miss Konn" swooped in Mrs. Charles, "Here's the rest of the paperwork that you need to fill out. This includes the application as well as personal paperwork that must be brought in, and you must also bring us a copy of your transcripts as well" she smiled, handing me over a folder filled with paperwork.

"Sure thing Mrs. Charles, I'll stop by tomorrow to bring you my application and my identification records. My transcripts will take a while though, I don't know if they'll arrive on time before the semester starts"

"No worries, you can be a student at Slade whilst your transcripts get here" she smiled

"Perfect, thank you Mrs. Charles" I smiled back

Abbey and I turned to walk back outside.

"I'm so excited for you Marceline, I just know you'll get accepted. You seem like you have killer artistic skills." she nudged

"Thanks" I sigh, "I honestly can't believe this is happening. I mean, I just got here and I'm already applying to colleges, I got a job" I laughed in awe

"It's life's gift love, be blessed with it" she pat my back

"Abbey" I stood still, "Do you mind if I hang here for awhile?"

"Of course it's fine" she laughed, "I have tons of things to do anyway, you have fun and be safe. Here's my number, call me whenever you get home, alright love?"

"Thanks again Abbey, this really means a lot to me" I walked her to her car

"Anything for a friend" she waved goodbye as she drove away.

I turned around, soaking the scenery in.

I walked around campus and up some steps when I notice even the stairs where beautiful stone colored. I was hypnotized by the design.

The colors were so bright and vivid. There were portraits on these stairs cases that are so inspiring. I took my camera out of my bag and took pictures of the stairs when suddenly someone skating nearly trampled me.

"Oh shit! LOOK OUT!" – yelled a boy gliding down the ramp

I turned right on time and luckily the boy didn't hit me.