Broken & Darkness

Marceline’s P O V

. . . Am I sure about this?

Jack cupped my face in his hands.

“Babe, we don’t have to this yunno?”

He stared at me with honest eyes.

I just don’t know what to do.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to, I’m not gonna force you into doing something you’re not completely of”

I nodded. Maybe next time.

I lightly pushed myself away from him. I know I wasn’t ready and I’m glad he didn’t get upset. I can tell he truly does care for me.

I fixed him a plate and cleaned up to get to work. I must admit, I was really anxious about work today; Finn and I aren’t on the best side of things. I just hope there aren’t any problems today.

---At Abbey’s Eyes---

On my way to work, Abbey called me to tell me that I have to open up the shop.

Once I opened the shop up, Jack kept me company until one of his mates stopped by and asked him if he would join him to do some shopping.

“I don’t know mate, I don’t wanna leave my baby here all by herself” he turned to me.

Jack don’t worry, I know how to defend myself.

“Are you gonna hit ‘bad guys’ with books?” he chuckled.

Haha, no! I’ll use my kick boxing skills. Not to brag but whom do you think kicked those chavs’ butts in the tunnel last week? Yours truly.

His friend and Jack’s eyes widened.

“You were the mystery girl who kicked their asses?” both said accordingly.

I looked down in embarrassment. Yeah.

They began asking me question as if I was some famous boxer. I was a bit shy to talk about it, I’m not used to this.

Well Jack now that you know that I can defend myself, go shopping with your friend. I’ll be fine. I gave him a long soft kiss.

“She’s definitely a keepah mate. No wonder you don’t want to lose her, she’s perfect” his friend said.

I blushed.

“Yeah, she’s a keeper, she’s perfect and she’s mine so don’t go eyeing my girl” he joked.

“Don’t worry mate, I won’t. I treat girls who are respectful to themselves, wif respect” he bowed.

I chuckled. Thank you uhh, I’m sorry I never got your name.

“Oh I’m sorry about that, my name is Jerry. Jerry Hatcherfield at your service” he bowed, yet again.

Well Jerry, my name is Marceline. It’s nice to meet you. I bowed.

“Well babe, I’ll just get going now. I’ll catch you later” he kissed me.

Okay babe, bye guys. Have fun!

They left and I was alone in the store. I took it upon myself to clean the shop and tidy up the store a bit.

When I finished, I grabbed a book written by Beethoven and began reading.

I stopped reading when I was distracted by a loud bang on the shop’s window. I looked up to see that it was Maz.

I turned away from him, looking up to the ceiling and took a deep breath.