Unpleasant

Marceline’s P O V

My head is aching, my body is bruised, everything is moving and but I can’t move.

(A/N: I wanted to rhyme HA!)

*deep heavy breathing* W-where am I?

No one answers.

W-where am I? I ask again, knowing no one will answer.

I start to get frustrated, paranoid and angry.

WHERE AM I-AHHHH!! I moved the wrong way and hurt my rib.

I can hear someone rush inside my room.

Suddenly I remember that I’m not wearing my mask, I’m not in disguise.

My eyes widened in fright, crap!

“Hello miss, I’m Dr. James. Now, do you recall any events of last night?” he asked.

Thank God it was a doctor, unless . . . Maz saw me already!!

Hi, I’m Marceline and no I don’t remember anything. Has anyone come visited me, perhaps a boy with crazy hair?

“No, not one person has. A few nurses were assigned to keep a close eye on you. You nearly didn’t make it, you lost tons of blood. Thankfully we had blood that matched your type. Although there was a boy who brought you here, he’s asleep in the waiting room, would you like me to call him in? By the way, I must let you know about your injuries. I also must call your parents to let them know what’s going on”

Thank you Dr. James, thank you so much. No, I don’t want anyone to visit or see me. Can you make up some lie to that boy in the waiting room; I don’t want to see him, please? I’m not from the UK, I’m from America. My parents aren’t here with me, I live here by myself. But don’t worry about the costs; I have money to pay everything. I looked down.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure no one sees you but may I ask why? I should’ve known you’re American, you’re accent was so distant yet familiar. Well the bill should be the least of your worries Marceline. You’ve been stabbed twice. One blade stabbed you in your appendix and the other, your stomach. Now I must say your wound in your appendix was pretty deep and your stomach was sliced deeply an-”

I’m having flashbacks of last night, I can remember everything.

WAIT! He looked up.

I remember now. There were two guys with weapons on them. I took the first stab and that’s when he stabbed my appendix. The knife was lodged in there pretty good so with my tactics, I pulled it out of me. The second time I came in contact with a knife was because . . . I protected the boy in the waiting room. He was going to get stabbed, he froze during the whole situation and I was fighting them off. Even though I’ve been stabbed once by them, I didn’t give up and I put up a fight. He, however, didn’t. They wanted to stab him and once I took care of one guy, the other didn’t give up. He charged at him with the blade and I knew he wasn’t gonna move, so I pushed him away from the blade and took the stabbing. Since he practically slashed me with his knife, everything else went dark.

“Well Marceline you are very lucky and very strong. I will assist you in making a police report as well. Yunno that boy outside really cares for you. He was crying and wore your blood all over his clothing. Now, I’ve seen people cry and hurt, but that young man looked trashed. He couldn’t keep it together; he carried you all the way here. I had some nurses try and take you from him but he seemed too paranoid about that too.”

I was speechless; does he really care about me? Does Maz really care about me that much?

I didn’t speak, I just nodded.