Progress; Beg for Me You Fool

Maz's P O V

STOP!!! I shouted.

I can believe her boyfriend was gonna propose to her. I can't let her do that, she's still mine; mine!

"What are you doing here?! How did you know I'd be here?!" she shouted.

I didn't let her talk, I swooped in, wrapped an arm around her waist, pulled her to me . . . I love you Marceline, I love you, I whispered and kissed her. 

Oh God, her lips . . . her lips, something I've longed for years now. She wiggled under my grip but she kissed back a bit. 

Her boyfriend was trying to push me away from her and before I moved away from her heavenly lips, I slid my tongue across her lower lip. I remembered how that would drive her crazy. 

"What the fuck is your problem dude? She obviously doesn't wanna be kissed by you so leave us the fuck alone!" he yelled.

I ignored his words and stared at her. She stood there faint, still, in love all over again.

I noticed her boyfriend didn't have an English accent but an American one. I looked at him but I couldn't make out who it was. He looked really familiar.

"Matthew, stop! I don't want any fights in here" Marceline demanded.

Matthew? I turn to Marceline, Matthew is 'John'?

"No! I don't have a boyfriend! I used John as in John Doe, in America if you don't give your name to the cops, they mark you down as John Doe"

Part of me was relieved but the other part of me was broken, why did he get down on one knee?

"Ignore him Marceline, you know you felt something just now when we kissed" he said.

You kissed him?!

"Yes I fucking kissed him, so what?! I'm not your girlfriend anymore, remember? And you know what, I felt something in that kiss that I thought I felt with yours; love. Now that I truly think of it, your kisses were all lust and not love!" she shouted.

Bullshit! Fucking bullshit! You know I loved you and I'm still crazy about you Marceline! I know I fucked up but that didn't make me love you less!

"Marceline, will you be my girlfriend? I'll make you forget everything, he's ever done to you baby, please?" he pleaded.

Her look softened once she looked at him, as if she believed everything he said.

"I need some time to think about it Matthew but trust me it won't take me a week to decide whether I want to be with you or not" she looked down but blushed a bit.

"That's alright baby, look, meet me tomorrow at 8:00p.m in Axis, the restaurant by Queenstown Road. Do you think you can give me your answer 'til then?" he asked.

"Sounds good and sure, I can give you my answer by then Matthew" she smiled.

"Okay Mars, I'll just go then but I'm not leaving, 'til you leave" he turned to me but I paid no mind to him. 

I stared at Marceline without blinking. Did she really just blushed at his words? Did she really felt something in his kiss and never with mine? Did I lose her completely to him? I think I did.

We were staring at each other; Marceline and I. "No Matthew, it's alright, I can take care of myself. You go on, I'll see you tomorrow at dinner", she replied with her eyes still glaring at mine.

"Are you-"

"No, I'm not sure but he'll never leave me alone until he gets it all out of him system; go, I'll see you soon Matthew" she hinted sensually.