Kill Plan

Maz’s P O V

“Maz…” she breathed.

By the time I turned around she was falling down but luckily I caught her in my arms on time.

Marceline!! I shook her.

No response.

Shit! I whispered to myself, she fainted.

I carried her in my arms and carried her to my house. It wasn’t too long before I changed her clothes and laid her on my bed, waiting for her to wake up.

I watched her as her unresponsive body was ‘resting’. I will never let you down Marceline, I said to her as I held her hand. I have to admit, I’m fucking scared. What if tomorrow I lose Marceline or what if she loses me?

Lexi…I don’t know what the fuck happened to her that she became a stone-cold killer. I forgot about Lexi, I’m such an idiot. I was so concentrated on myself and conquering Marceline that I forgot about protecting Marceline.

I’m sure Marceline has lost it again…but I’m here for her. I can’t kill a person but if someone kills Marceline, I will take their lives. I just hope we can do this before Lexi pulls another one of her stunts.

No one will take you away from me Marceline. We’ll avenge Matthew’s death…we’ll avenge it. I said to her.

This scared me- seeing her like that scared me shitless. She laid there looking pale, dried out, drained; dead almost.

I sat there waiting for her to respond to me… day turned to night, happiness turned to sadness and feeling safe turned to unstoppable worries. The window was slightly open and the cool breeze made contact with my skin but I still felt restless.

Waiting and waiting for Marceline to wake up tired me out so I skootched her over a bit and cuddled with her, hoping she’d wake up feeling an ounce of safety in my arms.

------------------------------------------

“Why?” I heard someone whisper.

“Don’t take him, no, no, NO DON’T TAKE HIM!!”

My eyes rapidly opened to witness Marceline scratching herself violently in her sleep. She was sweating a little bit and tears were running down to the sides of her faces; staining and wetting the sheets and pillows. I didn’t do anything; I only stared at her torturing herself. It all didn’t seem real to me.

I looked down at her arms and noticed a few fresh bite marks, deep-cut scratches and bruises. My eyes widened as I saw how much damaged she caused herself.

Marceline! Marceline, wake up! I lightly shook her.

Her eyes immediately open and were fixated to the ceiling. She was paralyzed but then snapped into reality when she noticed my hand on her stomach.

“Maz!” she cried. “I had a horrible nightmare! I had a dream that Matthew died and-”

That…wasn’t a dream Marceline, I said slowly.

Her now confused faced looked at me, hoping sometime soon I’d say ‘Matthew’s alive’ but she knew. She knew he’s no longer with us but she didn’t want to accept it.

“But why?” tears ran down her red cheeks.

There are bad people on this earth babe, I’m sorry. I whispered.

“Why Matthew? I know he made mistakes before but why did he have to die? He didn’t deserve to leave me that way!” she cried louder.

I hugged her tightly as he limp body cried out her frustration, her anger, her sadness and emptiness. What once was a happy Marceline was a sad one and then a happy one and now…back to sad.