Chapter 50 : this length for a reason

Chapter 50 

"Mally?" I asked as I stood up and walked up to him. 

"Can I talk you quickly?" Nodding we made our way into the kitchen. 

"So what's going on?" I asked breaking the silence. 

"If I tell you, would you promise to forgive me?" He asked playing with his hands. 

"It depends on what it is." I said before checking the fridge. I had to see how my children were eating. 

"Just promise me that you'll forgive me? That's all I need to know that you'll forgive me. I'll get out of your life but just forgive me." 

I stood there thinking over all the possible things that he could want me to forgive him for. 

"Malakai your scaring me,just tell me okay? Yes I'll forgive you, just spit it out already, I haven't got time" I said looking down at my watch. 

"Nahla's not my daughter" He rushed out. 

I paused waiting for it all to sink in. 

.Nahla's not my daughter....Nahla's not my daughter... 

"What...What do you mean? What does that even mean Malakai?! You are Nahla's father Malakai." I said standing up. 

"No, no I'm not." He handed me a sheet. "I swapped the paternity tests. I'm not her father."  

"You what! You ruined my life for your pleasure!" 

"I said I'm sorry" He said stepping back slightly. 

"Your sorry? Your sorry? Is that the best you can do? Malakai I was engaged, engaged. He was the perfect guy for me." I felt my anger slowly disappear before tears ran down my face. I cried more as Malakai pulled me into his arms. I took him in. 

"I have no words to say but I am truly sorry, I don't know why I done it...i just missed you. I always knew that you were going to be the one I married and then you left and I ended up marrying Keri and getting her pregnant. I just wished it was you" He stated as he spoke into my hair. 

"You went about it the wrong way, you've ruined me Malakai." I said pushing him away hard. 

"Me? It wasn't only me that lay down and let it happen, your the one that opened your legs to me. It takes two to tango remember that" I gasped as my hand attacked his face. 

"Ouch, okay well if that's how you feel get out of my sight and I never want you to come near me or my family ever again" I said as I brought my hand back down to my side. He looked at me slowly before turning to leave.