Eighteen.

Eighteen.

 Rockelle’s P.O.V

“Come on stop acting up you know you want to...and plus I’m paying...well for 75% you’re paying for the other 25%.” I laughed.

“No, I’m tired. I looked look an elephant and my ankles are swollen.” I complained.

“I’ll give you a nice foot rub when we get back.” I agreed and we left.

We reached the shopping centre and somehow ended up baby shopping once more.

“I don’t want to look at anymore baby clothes its sickening!” He laughed.

“This is for our baby though.”

“I just want this stinking baby out of me.” I complained.

“Well...did you know the best way to go into early labour is by having sex.” He winked at me.

“Oh shut it! I aint having sex with you.” We bought what we needed and walked down the streets.

“Aint that Hayden?” I pointed out as I saw some boy with dreadlocks in a bun and holding a little boy in his arms.

“Yeah.”  Malakai said with a sigh. “Do you wanna go the opposite way?”

“No.  That’s long and I just wanna go home.” I said as he put his arm around me pulling me closer to him. I smiled.

We reached where Hayden was and stopped.

“Rockelle hi...” He said while smiling at me

“Oh...hey Hayden. You alright?” I said genuinely while looking at the boy in his hands.

“Yeah...Malakai...I don’t know what to say man. All I can say is I’m sorry. And that’s coming from my heart. You know how much I hate the word sorry. But I hurt you didn’t I? And I’m sorry. I acted like a prick...a jealous prick. You’re my brother for another mother for goodness sake. I haven’t ruined that have I?” It was silent for a little bit.

“Nah you haven’t! I missed you man.” They hugged each other.

“Finally...” I sighed and they laughed.

“Is that your son?”

“Yeah, my little boy Damien.” He looked happy.

“So you aint denying him no more?”  Malakai asked.

“Nah, I can tell hes mine. I could always tell he was mine. But I didn’t want to fail him so that’s the reason I was denying him. Now I just have to find a way of telling the family.” We nodded and he looked at me. “You’re getting big Rocky! Look ready to blow.”

“Oh thanks.” I said with sarcasm clear.

“Didn’t mean it like that...I just meant that you look like your gonna give birth soon.”

“Hopefully...” I sighed while rubbing my back. “Mally, my back hurts.”

“Don’t worry were going now.” He kissed my head. “Hay, I’ll holla at you later yeah. Need to catch up.” They spudded and we got on our bus.

I sat down next to Malakai and put my feet on him with my back to the window.

“Someone’s getting comfortable.” He said while laughing.

“Sssh, you made me get out of bed.” I fiddled with my eyebrow ring

“How much did it cost to get that done?” He asked.

“Got it done back in Brooklyn. My daddy’s main man Big Mike done it for me. He owns a tattoo and piercing parlour by the way. So free. But if it was to be anyone else it would be about I don’t know...$10.”