Chapter 1©

Filled With Pain.

“Bruh you really gotta help me out here!” I watched as my brother, Ramel spoke on his cell to his best friend Wesley.

“...”

“With my geometry homework. It’s killing my brain cells right about now.”  Ramel laughed at his one man joke.  I quickly sent Wesley a text telling him to call me.

“...”

“What man? Don’t leave me hanging like that. Help a brother out. If I fail this test I’m staying back a year.”

“...”

“Aite cool, I’ll holler at you later. Say hi to your fine ass sister for me.” Ramel said with a slight smirk on his face.

I could just image Wesley saying something like.

“Come on bruh, don’t say stuff like that. You know I would never do that to you.” This wouldn’t exactly be accurate.

“You know I’m just playing with your strings, I would never to your sister. Aite Deuces.” Ramel said before hanging up and turning to me.

“What’d you want?”

“Nothing just this, oh and this” I started walking around his room picking out some of his favourite tops.

“GET OUT OF MY ROOM NOW ROCKY!” I carried on picking up things when I felt him dash his PS3 remote at my head.

“Your going to regret that MELLY!” I grabbed my cell before running to my room and locked it.

“STOP BANGING DOORS!” I heard my mother shout up.

“SORRY MA!” I and Ramel shouted at the same time.

I looked at my phone and waited.

Eventually it started to ring.

I didn’t want him to think that I had been waiting for him to call so I waited while singing along to my tone.

“I came to win, to fight, to conquer to thrive...to flyyyyyyyyy!” I belted out.

“SHUT IT ROCKELLE!” Ramel shouted from next door. I answered and put my iPhone to my ear.

“Hey Wesley!” I said down the phone.

“Hey boo, you miss me?” Wesley asked.

I grinned before saying “You know it. Did you miss me?”  I questioned.

“Of course. Your my baby boo.” I giggled.

“Love you Wesley.”

“I love you too.”

“You said it!” I shouted out.

“Yeah...cos it’s true. When you coming to see me? Can you come now?” Wesley pleaded with me.

“Yeah, I’ll leave now.” I said as I pulled on my kicks.

“Really?”

I was about to answer when my mother shouted up that dinner was ready.

“Maybe not...” I said slowly. “I’ll bell you when I’m leaving. Mwah!” I hung up and ran downstairs.

I felt myself falling and then heard laughter.

“MELLY IMMA GET YOU BACK!” I shouted as I got up.

“Don’t call me that!” Ramel said as I entered the kitchen.

I slapped his head just as my mom turnt to us.

“Rocky, don’t that’s your older brother.”

“But he pushed me and plus older by only 10 minutes. Not much.” I explained while digging in. I rushed through my meal.  “OOhh tasty. Ma can I go see Keish’ quickly? I’ll be back before 6.” I lied.

“Course, do you want me to drop you off?”

“No!” I shouted. “I mean...no. Need to work some body fat off.”

“You got that right.” Ramel murmured. I shot him looks before leaving.

**

“I want you to have my babies.” Wesley whispered in my ear as he climbed on top of me pulling my jeans. I pushed him.

“I aint ready for this Wes...not yet anyways.”  I explained.

He got back off of me.

“When are you gonna be ready Rocky...we’ve been together for a year and a half. Your my homies sister and I’ve been hiding us from him for the duration of our relationship.”

“I’m sorry...just give me time. I’m only 14. I don’t need this right now.” I pulled my shoes on.

“Where you going boo?” Wesley asked as he pulled me down.

“Home.”

“No don’t. I love you.” I smiled and sat back down.

“Your turning 17 soon...” I stated. Both I and Ramel where 14 and even though Wesley was 16 he was still Ramel’s best dawg!

“Yeah I am. So you going to give it up for my birthday?”

“Maybe...” I had thought about it but wasn’t sure.

Just then my phone went off.

“What it do?” I answered.

“Rockelle Quins?”

“Yeah...”

“Please make your way too Mount Sinai hospital we have your mother Roselle.” I hung up and ran out of the house.

**

“Ma...don’t speak like this...Ma please.” Ramel said with tears running down his face.

“You can’t do this to us mommy please.” I pleaded with her to keep her eyes open. “We’ve got our trip to London coming up soon...you know I wanna meet the Queen.”

“About that...Ramel I want you to look after your sister. My mother lives in London...in an area called Tottenham. Go...start a new life. Look after each other.” We watched in silence as she took her last breath.

“Ma noo!”