Thirty Seven

Filled With Pain – Thirty Seven

I looked at the note in my hand.

Killed. I. Her

I had been getting these type of messages for the past 4 months. If I said I wasn’t scared I would be lying.

I grabbed all of the notes before stuffing them into my bag.

I waddled into the kitchen to see Tristan on his phone and Emi feeding Asten.

“Morning.” I murmured.

“Hi ma!” Emi said.

“Morning darling.”

“Mommy.” Asten shouted before rubbing my stomach.

“Tristan...”

“Emi get ready let’s go. I’ll drop you off aite?” I bit down on my lip and waited for abit.

“Ma, Ima get home a little late. I’ve got erm... a meeting after school. Yeah with the head. Bye,” She rushed out with Tristan.

“Asten go and get your shoes where going to see grandpa Alrighty?”

*

“Who do you think sent them?” I asked my dad as he read the notes.

“I don’t know Rocky. How long have you been getting them for?” My dad asked.

“Around, 4 months now.”  He nodded.

“Keep them here and I’ll check it out later aite?” I nodded. “So how’s the baby?”

“Good.” I muttered.

“How’s Tristan? That bitch ass.”

“Pops man! We alright...I guess.”  I said while playing with my fingers.

“Hmm...Take Asten home it’s getting late” Pops said.

“Yeah, I’ll talk to you later aite? Love you daddy” I kissed his cheek and Asten done the same.

“Bye bye,”

**

“Hello?” I spoke into the phone.

“What it do, my beautiful daughter in law. How are you and my grand babies?”  Tristan’s dad asked.

I smiled.

“Hey John, were good. How are you?” I asked as we stopped at the traffic light.

“I’m good, great actually. Business is good. How’s-”

“Erm, I’m driving could you talk to Asten?” I handed Asten my phone but on loud speaker.

“GRANDPA!” Asten shouted.

“What it do solider?”

I turned around to see Asten looking confused.

I done a sign with my hands and he answered.

“I’m fine.”

“That’s good, give it back to mommy.” I took the phone out of his hands.

“Do you need help with anything cos I need to get home and feed Asten so...?”

“Come studio. Theres food here and plus Tristan’s car broke down so hes staying here a bit longer and needs a ride home. Plus I haven’t seen you in ages.”

“Alright, I’ll be there in 5”

**

“You’re pregnant?” John asked as he looked at my bump.